• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Atletico Madrid 0 (3 - 0 on aggregate)

23 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Has Droy been on yet to explain (with reference to xG) why we would have been better with Jorginho on the pitch?

Just be patient...:).

This was one of those nights that would have been so, so special with fans in the stadium.

I can imagine the bridge going bonkers over Emerson's goal.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Listen mate , what do I know ?

I coated Ziyech as a waster before the game lol.

Apart from the game, Ziyech didn't perform like others

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Has Droy been on yet to explain (with reference to xG) why we would have been better with Jorginho on the pitch?

1 hour ago, Ham said:

And how bang average Kova was. 

57 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Just be patient...:).

No too busy praising the team.  I can't find XG estimates for the CL - sorry to disappoint HM.

48 minutes ago, Tammy's right foot said:

This was one of those nights that would have been so, so special with fans in the stadium.

I can imagine the bridge going bonkers over Emerson's goal.

Absolutely.

credit where its due. Wouldnt have fancied our chances with SFL at the helm (too bad if that upsets some) well played lads.

Such a good result over the 2 legs and also pretty comfortable too, we really were comfortably the better side and they simply couldn’t live with us.

Kante was at his very best last night, he was everywhere, I don’t know how he does it. Kovacic partnered him well and it’s great to see our 3 CMs being able to work together in any pairing under Tuchel... very impressive.

Rudiger was also immense last night, I don’t know where this Rudiger has been for the last few seasons, but this is the defender we needed, he was brilliant.

Havertz and Werner impressed me again too, they obviously need to add goals, but they work hard and have a lot of talent, Havertz in particular.

I actually don’t mind who we get in the next round, although I’d rather not get an English side. If I could pick, I’d take the other side from Madrid.

• Like 1

bert19   

Thought we were fantastic. Kept thinking they’d come at us really strong at some point over the two legs, but we just never let them have that real period of putting us under real, sustained pressure in either game. Credit to our lads for that. 

Kanté was incredible last night, he must be a complete nightmare to play against. Wonderful individual performance.

Fair play to Simeone because personally I think the ref made two really poor decisions, and even though we were by a very comfortable margin the better team we know that performances and results can turn on those things. 

Everyone played well, but have to say I most enjoyed Rudiger out-sh*thousing some big name sh*thouses.

Great performance, great result, very much looking forward to Tuchel getting a full season.

Edited by thevelourfog

After BT pouring on the superlatives about how great Athletico were and their constant berating of the referee for missing a penalty shout albeit for the cheatingest side in football history after Poch's Spurs , I turned on the radio in my car this morning , normally tuned to four extra to hear some bell end crying like a baby  on Talksport about the non given penalty and how unfair it was . Talksport , the station that claims they want every UK team to do well in the Champions League but just mean Liverpool , United and Spurs .

So , quick as a flash I turned it back to Four xtra to listen to "Round the Horne" a satirical comedy show from 1965 , first thing I heard was a faux sports report of the next televised football match coming up between two sets of prisoners , Chelmsford jail and Chelsea. 

Honestly this anti Chelsea sentiment has been ingrained in the culture of this country since we formed.