• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Sheffield United 0

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Makes one of us an imbecile then.  He was a long way short of the standards of even this team.  

Of course if the club really rated him, he'd be out on loan like Mount, James, Abraham, Gallacher, Guehi, Ampadu and Christensen, without a PL start between them.
Or indeed like a dozen other lesser players who have also given the privilege of competing for starts in the Championship rather than the worthless biscuit of a few minutes in the first team.

He seems to have a lot of potential, shame the club treat him with such disrespect.

It is very clearly the club that rate him behind Gallagher (and Ampadu and Guehi).  Talk to them.

Yawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
22 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Yawn.

See? Gallagher gets more and more overrated by the week. Bang average. 

Our midfield loanees at Sheffield United, West Brom and Fulham are pulling up trees, despite the League table 🙄

Edited by Ham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob B   

Gilmour is very clearly able to hold his own against premier league standard opposition,  although I actually don’t think today was one of his better games. Our midfield was wide open and athleticism is not his game.  

Credit to Sheff Utd who made it very difficult for us, not least by constant niggly fouls and sitting very compact.  We weren’t really at the races today and I thought it was interesting that Tuchel said afterwards that he noticed the intensity the last 3 days or so in training had dropped out and tiredness is kicking in.  

Hopefully most of the squad will either be used sparingly or given some time off over the internationals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RDC Williams said:

Gilmour proving definitively that he is good enough right now to step in to the first team. No-one but an imbecile would disagree.

Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic (not that I'm the biggest fan of his) are in excellent form. Gilmour played well enough but was absolutely nowhere near the standard of those three players over the last few months. He's not close to dislodging any of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bONes   
3 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

14 games, 10 wins, 3 draws is a pretty good rhythm if you ask me and getting valuable minutes for other players can only be a good thing.

What's even more important is it doesnt seem to matter who plays, including Kepa, we are keeping clean sheets. I may be wrong but there can not be more than a couple of occasions when we have kept the same back 5 for consecutive games. 

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
41 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic (not that I'm the biggest fan of his) are in excellent form. Gilmour played well enough but was absolutely nowhere near the standard of those three players over the last few months. He's not close to dislodging any of them.

Exactly this. Currently he's miles behind, and should be out on loan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic (not that I'm the biggest fan of his) are in excellent form. Gilmour played well enough but was absolutely nowhere near the standard of those three players over the last few months. He's not close to dislodging any of them.

 

22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Exactly this. Currently he's miles behind, and should be out on loan 

Who would you all bring back from loan in place of Billy? Who's better at what he does right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ham said:

Who would you all bring back from loan in place of Billy? Who's better at what he does right now?

Who would I bring back from loan? Why would I need to bring anyone back? Would Gilmour's 34 Premier League 2020/21 minutes need replacing? I think we'd manage his cup appearances elsewhere in the senior squad easily enough. And if we couldn't, then I'd rather our 4th choice was someone who was never going to be more than that rather than someone we stunted into never being more than that.

So who does what he does, but better right now? The three players I named. Who are here, getting picked, either as 1st or 2nd choice, for anything that really matters every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
24 minutes ago, Ham said:

 

Who would you all bring back from loan in place of Billy? Who's better at what he does right now?

Answered below 

12 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Who would I bring back from loan? Why would I need to bring anyone back? Would Gilmour's 34 Premier League 2020/21 minutes need replacing? I think we'd manage his cup appearances elsewhere in the senior squad easily enough. And if we couldn't, then I'd rather our 4th choice was someone who was never going to be more than that rather than someone we stunted into never being more than that.

So who does what he does, but better right now? The three players I named. Who are here, getting picked, either as 1st or 2nd choice, for anything that really matters every game.

Quite frankly, he's not needed at the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ham said:

 

Who would you all bring back from loan in place of Billy? Who's better at what he does right now?

I dont think we would need to bring anyone  back and the most important thing for Billy Gilmour right now is playing football, something he is not doing anywhere near enough at the moment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.