• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Sheffield United 0

Diddymen   
26 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Edit: apparently Jorginho didn’t train yesterday, so presuming he’s out. Kova in then.

Maybe Gilmour?

• Like 1

Diddymen   
1 hour ago, bert19 said:

So it seems Giroud & Kepa starting is likely.

so: 

Kepa 

Azpi Zouma Rudiger

CHO Jorginho Kante Chilwell

Mount Pulisic 

Giroud 

Does that seem likely? Who of the most commonly-used 15 aren’t going on International duty? Is it just Azpi & Jorginho?

Jorginho is surely in the Italian squad

25 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Mate , I'd keep quiet while you're behind if I were you , seeing as you pontificated he'd be first choice next season when I've got more chance .

Mate, I made one point - if you don't disagree with it - shouldn't you just keep quiet.  And if you don't know the difference between pontificate and speculate might bes, best not to pontificate.

42 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mate, I made one point - if you don't disagree with it - shouldn't you just keep quiet.  And if you don't know the difference between pontificate and speculate might bes, best not to pontificate.

"Express ones opinion in a pompous and dogmatic way" ?

Think I nailed that one .

Mate .

14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I only want to pick up on one point from the point.  Arm swinging doesn't give him weaker wrists, if anything it gives him more strength to repel the ball away.
If anything as the piece suggests, weak wrists might encourage to arm swing. 

I still find it amusing how important being allowed to blame Kepa is to some people.

Droy, the problem is that by doing so he is giving himself a harder job of saving the ball as it takes him longer to get down/to the ball because of it. The arm swinging action, consequently means he allows shots to go through him as he isn't timing it properly, but it looks to the naked eye that he is letting them in due to 'weak wrists'. That is what I meant and what is outlined in the link. 

Furthermore,  it isn't about 'blaming' Kepa but rather pointing our his flaws and the reason for them and why I believe he isn't up to standard. If you look over my posts on him, you will clearly see I have clearly stated why I think he has issues and where he could've done better. I did similar with Bakayoko and Cuadrado who were other players I said wouldn't make it (although in their case I was saying this prior to them joining, whereas with Kepa I had to watch him before realising as I hadn't seen him play prior.)

However, I do find it interesting you continue to back him, even though all evidence indicates he isn't good enough. As a result, could you substantiate your claims that he is good with any proof or analytical break down to prove this is the case? 

Edited by King Kante

42 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Droy, the problem is that by doing so he is giving himself a harder job of saving the ball as it takes him longer to get down/to the ball because of it. The arm swinging action, consequently means he allows shots to go through him as he isn't timing it properly, but it looks to the naked eye that he is letting them in due to 'weak wrists'. That is what I meant and what is outlined in the link. 

I get that - I just disagreed it was a cause of weak wrists.

43 minutes ago, King Kante said:

However, I do find it interesting you continue to back him,

No - I haven't continued to back him - much as people would like to accuse me of that.  He may get better (hope he does) or he may not.  Time may tell.  And Mendy is yet another player who has improved under TT.
What I think is interesting is the insistence that we all have a moral duty to damn Kepa.  I think it is clear where that comes from.

35 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I get that - I just disagreed it was a cause of weak wrists.

No - I haven't continued to back him - much as people would like to accuse me of that.  He may get better (hope he does) or he may not.  Time may tell.  And Mendy is yet another player who has improved under TT.
What I think is interesting is the insistence that we all have a moral duty to damn Kepa.  I think it is clear where that comes from.

Where does it come from? His signing is just a massive embarrassment. The worlds most expensive goalkeeper and he is just average at best.

Carlo cost £160k. 

Cech and Courtois were both signed as they were top class keepers despite having two top class keepers in place at the time. Mendy was signed out of absolute neccesity.

Chrisb   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yep, it’s very clear. It comes from the fact that he’s a crap goalkeeper. The only person who appears to not see this is you which is understandable as you seem to love playing the devils advocate.

You can try all you like to put it out there that he is ridiculed due to SFL but you know as well as everyone else that he’s not up to it due to his own shortcomings. You’ll never admit it though because you’re too self important.

Holymoly   

I think we're getting to the point of the season now where we have to play our strongest side in every game and deal with exhausion or injury as it occurs. The top four still has to be our main aim, however when you get to the quarterfinals of any competition it would be specious to say those games are not also important.