• Current Donation Goals

King Kante

Chelsea Players and International Duty

Recommended Posts

JaneB   

Mason Mount 👏🏻💙

An outstanding talent according to Roy Keane.

I hope SFL was watching ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Mason Mount 👏🏻💙

An outstanding talent according to Roy Keane.

I hope SFL was watching ☺️

Roy Keane loves him! Always singing his praises. It's a little odd seeing him break character for Mason whenever he's covering us or England.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Roy Keane loves him! Always singing his praises. It's a little odd seeing him break character for Mason whenever he's covering us or England.

Oh I didn’t realise that. 
Doesn’t seem a natural fit for some reason!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Oh I didn’t realise that. 
Doesn’t seem a natural fit for some reason!!

An AM who puts in a CM shift - you can see the attraction to a Roy Keane.

Did he choke when Lingaard came on?

Edited by Droy was my hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   
2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Roy Keane loves him! Always singing his praises. It's a little odd seeing him break character for Mason whenever he's covering us or England.

He’s also spoken of Billy Gilmour in very positive terms on at least one occasion too. I get the impression there are a few clubs Roy Keane dislikes more than us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
10 minutes ago, bert19 said:

He’s also spoken of Billy Gilmour in very positive terms on at least one occasion too. I get the impression there are a few clubs Roy Keane dislikes more than us.

Including current day Man U. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it fair and right that Southgate is going to play mason against Poland?

he's already said he can't afford to leave him out, he got a couple of nasty challenges against Albania, 3 games in six days how many other players will have played all three matches?

if mount gets injured it could be the difference of us finishing in the CL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasonb   

I'm relaxed about Mount though at 75 mins with England leading 2-0 I was thinking on what Mourinho might be thinking as regards Harry Kane.

I have heard from US fans saying they think Pulisic is back and though Mount has been excellent for us, I think under Tuchel we will be ok if Mount is injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
2 hours ago, Worsebytheday said:

Is it fair and right that Southgate is going to play mason against Poland?

he's already said he can't afford to leave him out, he got a couple of nasty challenges against Albania, 3 games in six days how many other players will have played all three matches?

if mount gets injured it could be the difference of us finishing in the CL

you'd have thought they would have some sort unwritten rule about players playing (starting) in all 3 matches. Seems unnecessary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   
10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

you'd have thought they would have some sort unwritten rule about players playing (starting) in all 3 matches. Seems unnecessary 

Agreed.  I can imagine a manager like Southgate being fairly reasonable and pragmatic, but plenty of International managers aren't and won't be.  Can you imagine having that conversation with Deschamps about Kante if you were Chelsea manager?  He'd be going full-on short man syndrome in the media about it. 

It puts the players in tough positions too.  Do you ask to be managed appropriately and risk being publicly ostracised for it, or just do as asked regardless of circumstances and go back to your club hurt and likely annoying them in the process? Kind of makes you think it's easier just telling your club manager you're "injured" and not going away half of the time.  World Cups and Euros are great, but I wonder how many players actually look forward to these sorts of International breaks mid-season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now