• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 West Bromwich Albion 5

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

We aren't going to finish 4th. Look at our last 4 games. 

We look better against better sides 

10 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

We aren't going to finish 4th. Look at our last 4 games. 

Top 4 was always going to be very, very difficult. I'm on record as thinking it was gone in December. I think Tuchel has done brilliantly to get us in a position where we look like at least making a fist of it. That we might duke it out until those last 4 games is a minor miracle.

A real humbling today. Made two or three stupid but in isolation forgivable errors, but crumbled from them up against a side with little to lose and who saw and threw everything at their moment. Credit to West Brom.

I think I'd be much angrier at the ref, who really was very poor, if he hadn't managed to have (even with his multiple errors) a better day at the office than about 5 of our players. Jorginho is the obvious person to point the finger at in that he made errors directly leading to bookings that swung the game, but Zouma really was very poor throughout and Mendy had the sort of game that gets other keepers crucified. 

• Like 1

JaneB   

I don't want to hear about bad refereeing, VAR, international breaks, early kick offs and the rest.  We should have buried West Brom whatever the circumstances.

Since Frank was sacked, a little bit of me has left Chelsea and sadly I'm more livid than upset.  

Have no idea what's going on except everyone disappoints in the end.  Sort it out Tuchel or you'll be gone too, or maybe he can't and we should clear most of the players out and get in a really top class manager and take it from there.

paulw66   
On 02/04/2021 at 2:29 PM, paulw66 said:

Throw in Tuchel getting manager of the month and we have a perfect recipe for a **** up

Oh dear.

chelboy   

If we start conceding more goals again then the balance will need to change and we will need to score more goals. We couldn’t rely on the defence to keep the gates shut forever. Finding a long term balance in this team is Tuchel biggest challenge. 

Just now, JaneB said:

I don't want to hear about bad refereeing, VAR, international breaks, early kick offs and the rest.  We should have buried West Brom whatever the circumstances.

Since Frank was sacked, a little bit of me has left Chelsea and sadly I'm more livid than upset.  

Have no idea what's going on except everyone disappoints in the end.  Sort it out Tuchel or you'll be gone too, or maybe he can't and we should clear most of the players out and get in a really top class manager and take it from there.

The international break and red card make huge differences.

Most if not all of our players played 3 games. 

West Brom players in comparison...

JaneB   
Just now, CarefreeMuratcan said:

The international break and red card make huge differences.

Most if not all of our players played 3 games. 

West Brom players in comparison...

Just excuses

chelboy   
3 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Top 4 was always going to be very, very difficult. I'm on record as thinking it was gone in December. I think Tuchel has done brilliantly to get us in a position where we look like at least making a fist of it. That we might duke it out until those last 4 games is a minor miracle.

A real humbling today. Made two or three stupid but in isolation forgivable errors, but crumbled from them up against a side with little to lose and who saw and threw everything at their moment. Credit to West Brom.

I think I'd be much angrier at the ref, who really was very poor, if he hadn't managed to have (even with his multiple errors) a better day at the office than about 5 of our players. Jorginho is the obvious person to point the finger at in that he made errors directly leading to bookings that swung the game, but Zouma really was very poor throughout and Mendy had the sort of game that gets other keepers crucified. 

Mendy was only at fault for 1 goal imo. The other 4 you can’t do much about. 

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

You contradict yourself slightly

14 players away means surely you freshen it up. Not playing Mount after he started all 3 games for England, makes sense. 

You can't account for the basic errors we saw today from experienced players.

But surley mount shouldn't have had to play all three games, then wouldn't have had to be on the bench, Lets see if Rashford turns out for United or Saka for Arsenal,they both got out of playing, Kante got injured again while playing for France, end of season we should be picking our best team, I agree we should be beating them with the team we had, but losing a player after 27 mins but a goal up, we still shouldn't have fell apart like this.

Leo91   

Embarrassing. Don't know what to say