• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 West Bromwich Albion 5

57 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

That puts us 3rd or 4th in a normal season, based on Man City and Liverpool in recent years. Still no title challengers, but if the club is happy with that then as fans we'll accept it.

Absolutely not, however it’s tweaks and not wholesale changes needed. The club does not need to spend another 250 million to get top spot. 

Liverpool are a one hit wonder. Chitty are only doing what most winners of the PL do. Go on a +10 game winning streak. 

paulw66   
14 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

We have this issue, and have had it for a number of years now, that when things are going badly for us we have no reserves of grit, determination or leadership to dig ourselves out of the predicament we find ourselves in and salvage something. It's not an attractive quality and it makes us despise the players for not appearing to care about the club as much as we do. 

It was a perfect storm today. You had Silva as rusty as an old nail, Jorginho (who hadn't been away with Italy incidentally) looking like the inept twot many of us here believe him to be and an attacking combination lacking in goals and confidence. Add to that a coach that believes the lower reaches of the league doesn't warrant any respect and it ends up not being too surprising.

In a way it's good to have the unbeaten streak come to an end because we now know we have to go on and win every single other of our games in order to realistically make top 4 this season. If the UCL is TT's agenda now he'd better remember that it didn't save RDM his next season. It may not have been made clear to him but CFC requires Champions League football whatever other trophies are collected along the way.

As I said during the game, maybe we all bought into the talk of us winning the UCL that the media was spinning during the last two weeks. It made us forget what a useless lot our players are capable of being when the going gets tough.

I'm so upset. That was an embarrassingly disastrous performance that has made us a laughing stock. And rightly so. Not a single positive to be taken and TT now needs to prove his worth.

Yes. Since 2016/17 whenever the going has got tough, we have crumbled. 

Plenty of talent, but not enough cock and balls...   Today reminded me of West Ham at home in 2006..... 1-0 down with ten men and we battered them (a team that finished 6th) 4-1 

Terry, Lampard, Drogba all played like 2 players and made it seem as though we had the man advantage 

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Chilwell is a dud and another big waste of money. Leicester replaced him with ease and haven't missed a step since he left.

They also replaces, Kante, DD, Maguire to name a few. What is your point?

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

This team is not scoring goals - yes.  Getting plenty of chances though - today especially.  Probably more chances today than any other game all season*.
But there is no shortage of goal scorers in the squad, they just had it played out of them, first by Lampard who went OTT with attack and then sharply reversed.  Then with TT who prioritised not making an error and letting opponents play themselves into trouble.
Goals will Come

Yes correct, goals will come But in our net, why change the back three? Silva shouldn't just walk back into the team.also I don't care how tired they are (these are grown men,should be able to play every couple of days), I'm sure mount would have been fuming to be left out

Robinson has five Premier league goals .

All of them against Chelsea.

6 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Mate, stop with the xG bollocks. It doesn't mean anything. The only stat that means anything is that we lost. Badly. It doesn't matter that we made enough chances to realistically expect to score another 0.56 goals today. We still wouldn't have won. Maybe look at the xG of the opposition. Maybe dream up some algorithm to measure intelligence, heart and commitment and you might be on to something. As it is your last sentence is equally pointless. "Goals will come". Does that mean we get to replay the fixture over and over until we end up winning? We lost today. We lost badly. And what's worse, on the day, the result did not flatter WBA. Hopefully TT hasn't just hit the sort of bad patch SFL did when you were gleefully demanding his removal. Because, to be honest, I see little to differentiate the the mien of the players after today.

No.  If you don't like it, skip over it.  No one obliges you to read every comment.  Any more than I am obliged to follow the gut feeling of every other poster on here.

Chrisb   

Didn’t see the match due to work, fortuitously it would appear, so I can’t comment on individual performances etc. 

However, getting spanked by West Brom at home has to be up there with the worst results at SB for sometime! I’m hoping that it was just one of those freak performances that Chelsea love to throw in from time to time just to keep reminding us that on our day we can be just as s**t as anyone else!

Bring on Porto! 😳

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

It was a perfect storm today. You had Silva as rusty as an old nail, Jorginho (who hadn't been away with Italy incidentally) looking like the inept twot many of us here believe him to be and an attacking combination lacking in goals and confidence. Add to that a coach that believes the lower reaches of the league doesn't warrant any respect and it ends up not being too surprising.

It was completely unnecessary. Christensen and Rudiger have been pretty solid. Why upset it all just to start Silva and Zouma? Clearly because Tuchel thought it’s only West Brom. Why rest Mount and Havertz who have looked good in recent games? Because it’s only West Brom. Why give Werner a game to get his confidence back? Because it’s only West Brom.

Tuchel thought he could just rest all his key players because it’s only West Brom. And why on earth start our best crossers of the ball in James and Ziyech while Giroud is on the bench?  Not just a perfect storm, but a disaster waiting to happen.

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

No.  If you don't like it, skip over it.  No one obliges you to read every comment.  Any more than I am obliged to follow the gut feeling of every other poster on here.

You don't need a random number to prove a random theory.

4 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Top 4 was always going to be very, very difficult. I'm on record as thinking it was gone in December. I think Tuchel has done brilliantly to get us in a position where we look like at least making a fist of it. 

Sorry, but I’m not buying this. We have been top four in March. So how can it be gone or a loss like this brushed off since finishing top four was going to be difficult? 

Sure if we continue to produce results like this we’ll be ****ed. But to claim that top four is very, very difficult when we are fighting it out with West Ham and Spurs is a bit of a joke really. We have no one but ourselves to blame if we manage to miss out. Time for the players to stand up and perform. Far too many diabolical performances today (as you rightly point out). Zouma is a player that can produce good performances but he isn’t one to do it consistently. That can be said about far too many “key” players in this squad.