• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 West Bromwich Albion 5

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

I don’t think it was necessary to rest all of them.

This is the thing, though. What you are calling "resting" may be not be resting (that is, saving players for other games) at all. It may well be that those players were not in a state to start or play an hour. And what you or I think about that is irrelevant compared to what the coaching staff know.

What would be taking West Brom less seriously; changes to a more usual XI, or playing the usual XI even if out of puff?

I was fuming when Mount started for England vs Poland in mid-week. I doubt the best remedy for that would have been starting him in our next game, whoever it was against.

Maybe they could have all played and Tuchel has messed up here. Personally seems the less likely of the possible explanations to me.

2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

They win tonight they are only 2 points behind us. 

Makes my point even more. One team did collapse and it didn't really help us, because another 4 or 5 didn't. 

Getting into a bun fight in the first place with so many teams we should be well clear of was the screw-up. 

Holymoly   
17 minutes ago, ugogbuzue said:

The money was spent on wrong players. The 4 players recruited are nothing but luxury

Which is why Frank was so dead set on Declan Rice.

4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I was fuming when Mount started for England vs Poland in mid-week.

Well with no Grealish (Barnes or Maddison), it was clear he was going to play the whole game - in fact Southgate was so sure of his Poland squad he didn't bring on a sub till the 86ths min.
So the real question then is why he chose to play both Mount and Foden for 135 mins against the minnows.

Just now, thevelourfog said:

Getting into a bun fight in the first place with so many teams we should be well clear of was the screw-up. 

Not replacing Lampard in August or November or December with a competent replacement was the screw-up.  Waiting till mid January for an excellent replacement was too long - at least too long to give us a good chance of a CL place.
I see our odds of a top 4 place are widening, and Liverpool are now 4th favourite with us 5th.  Sounds right to me.

5 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Which is why Frank was so dead set on Declan Rice.

I think the reason Frank's mates were keen to suggest he didn't get the players he needed was because he kept destroying the confidence of the ones he got.
It was all becoming a bit Conte deja vu.

Holymoly   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not replacing Lampard in August or November or December with a competent replacement was the screw-up. 

Maybe even you can see, after today, that the players we have are quite capable of undermining any manager, whoever they are. Maybe we should employ a sports psychologist.

Just now, Holymoly said:

Maybe even you can see, after today, that the players we have are quite capable of undermining any manager, whoever they are. Maybe we should employ a sports psychologist.

I see a team that crumbled once in in 15 games after going down to 10 men.
You see an excuse for Lampard whose team crumbled on a regular basis.   It isn't the players now, it wasn't the players earlier in the season or last year.

That was one of the worst performances that I have seen from jorginho, and he has had quite a few stinkers in his Chelsea career. I just hope we are able to move him on and get someone like Rice. 

Also, this blind faith that tuchel seems to have in werner, is going to be his downfall. Werner is nothing but a latest version in a line of weak minded, **** strikers that we have had.

Chrisb   
30 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I see a team that crumbled once in in 15 games after going down to 10 men.
You see an excuse for Lampard whose team crumbled on a regular basis.   It isn't the players now, it wasn't the players earlier in the season or last year.

Don’t remember a Lampard team letting 5 in at home to a team in the bottom 3.

You’ll be telling us all that Jorginho had a decent game next.

Blue Rod   

I don't agree with TT's post match interview. The sending off didn't help. But we showed more fundamental weaknesses.

TT is still not getting the pace and intensity of the PL. When the opposition picks up speed, you stay with them or get destroyed.

Even when we had men behind the ball and had enough numbers, we didn't know where the nearest WBA player was. No one was tracking their players arriving from deep. It happened every time. Were we marking space or simple getting behind the ball; I couldn't tell.

It is important that TT analyses this defeat properly.

42 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well with no Grealish (Barnes or Maddison), it was clear he was going to play the whole game - in fact Southgate was so sure of his Poland squad he didn't bring on a sub till the 86ths min.
So the real question then is why he chose to play both Mount and Foden for 135 mins against the minnows.

Not replacing Lampard in August or November or December with a competent replacement was the screw-up.  Waiting till mid January for an excellent replacement was too long - at least too long to give us a good chance of a CL place.
I see our odds of a top 4 place are widening, and Liverpool are now 4th favourite with us 5th.  Sounds right to me.

I think the reason Frank's mates were keen to suggest he didn't get the players he needed was because he kept destroying the confidence of the ones he got.
It was all becoming a bit Conte deja vu.

So Frank destroyed the confidence of players? 
Some pretty lame excuses have been made for players. SkyBet offered even money on Werner to have a shot on target today. They knew it was easy money...... for them!

Frank has some culpability of where we find ourselves but our £250 million signings have been woeful.

They have improved a little since Frank left but nowhere near enough to justify their wage and outlay and nowhere near enough to blame their continued lack of serious contribution on the previous manager.