• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 West Bromwich Albion 5

51 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

Don’t remember a Lampard team letting 5 in at home to a team in the bottom 3.

I recall him going 3 down by half time with 11 men.
Seriously are people really trying to justify the Lampard experiment on this one game?  
I guess people have been waiting such a long time to rehabilitate Frank, that they will jump on any excuse.

42 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

So Frank destroyed the confidence of players? 

Why the question mark at the end?

• Like 1

Bison   
9 hours ago, didierforever said:

That was one of the worst performances that I have seen from jorginho, and he has had quite a few stinkers in his Chelsea career. I just hope we are able to move him on and get someone like Rice. 

Also, this blind faith that tuchel seems to have in werner, is going to be his downfall. Werner is nothing but a latest version in a line of weak minded, **** strikers that we have had.

West Brom pressed from the start and as a result he was never in the game. I catch some WSL football from time to time and I promise you, there are stronger and more athletic women playing for the ladies team. He is an absolute fraud of a footballer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Seriously are people really trying to justify the Lampard experiment on this one game?  
I guess people have been waiting such a long time to rehabilitate Frank, that they will jump on any excuse.

Why the question mark at the end?

Two good reposts Droy.

So Frank has been gone nearly three months and players are still trying to recover from having their confidence destroyed by him?

It would suggest to me that these players are actually not all they are cracked up to be and are as much to do with his sacking as his own limitations.

If we miss out on top 4 it is on them in my opinion.

You are correct about my post game views. They are Frank related as the performances of the players yesterday were the same as those that got him sacked.

There has been some over praising of players post his sacking. Jorginho being one example. 

I just hope for all Chelsea supporters sakes that yesterday was a blip.

I don’t trust these players which why I dreaded going into the match and commented as such.

Chrisb   
8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not 5 though is it?

As per usual it was you who dragged Lampard into the debate in the first place. I’m just pointing out a simple fact that not once did we let in 5 against a team in the bottom 3 at home when he was in charge. 

With Frank we were heading for the bottom and 14 games later we are heading for top 4.

Frank probably wouldnt have beaten AM, Everton, Liverpool or Spurs.

Give TT a break, it was a big cock up. Lets see what his reaction is

The glass man at it again, how can you injure yourself coming onto the pitch?

And for the record Liverpool didn't rest players, Klopp saw what happened with us and Leicester and went for it, they totally dominated Arsenal and got the three points they needed.I can't see Jose resting anyone today at Newcastle he knows 3 points and they go 4th, and then we are in big trouble, TT should have picked our strongest team, not messed around rotating players for the sake of it, silva had no right just walking back in the team, they had done good enough with out him including a clean sheet against athletico, Giroud again overlooked no wonder he's looking to move on.

• Thanks 1

Rob B   
10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think the reason Frank's mates were keen to suggest he didn't get the players he needed was because he kept destroying the confidence of the ones he got.
It was all becoming a bit Conte deja vu.

Can’t be assed to dredge up a new Lampard debate but this is utter nonsense.  Werner’s actually played his best stuff for us under Lampard, but I use the word best loosely because I don’t think it’s good enough under either coach.  So has Chilwell, so has Ziyech and Silva has been mainly injured under TT but absolutely class other than 2 games vs West Brom under each manager.  Mendy has been very solid under both managers. 

As I’ve said before, if people want to level the decision to exile Alonso, Rudiger etc at Lampard, or the hung-ho tactics that is fine, but he is not the person to blame for Werner not being able to score from 3 yards out.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I do not think that is the case. 

The defeat has been coming, the games against Leeds, Southampton come to mind where the teams performance was woeful. The you get the other extreme of the Everton game where overhyping the team and the coach.

His only deliverable to the board was top 4 which is at risk if TT continually plays Tinkerman and underestimates opponents.  

I am not sure if TT is the real deal or a poor-mans Klopp, I guess the remaining PL games will give us and the board a better indication of his coaching abilities.  

I thought he would get us to 75pts, this seems not to be the case. 

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

With Frank we were heading for the bottom and 14 games later we are heading for top 4.

Frank probably wouldnt have beaten AM, Everton, Liverpool or Spurs.

Give TT a break, it was a big cock up. Lets see what his reaction is

I don’t think we were heading for the bottom but his sacking has been justified by our subsequent results.

I have no problem with Tuchel yesterday. I understand what he did and it made sense to me apart from picking Werner.