• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 West Bromwich Albion 5

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yes , just seen Newcastle equalised ! Yahoo !

There must be a awful lot of 3 legged rabbits around SB or Cobham these days  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob B   
6 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

In my opinion to win the title we need a left back/wingback(Chilwell was a mistake, we need a better 1v1 player). Right wingback(James is very good, but we need someone who's able to dribble 1v1); our wingbacks are our weak links at the moment, when CHO plays at RWB we look a totally different team and much more dangerous.

I think there’s something in this, IF Tuchel plans to stick with the current formation (assuming he is our manager next season of course) 

Chilwell and James are brilliant full backs, but as you quite rightly say, neither offer enough as wing backs because they don’t commit defenders 1v1 or break the defensive line.  Alonso is also unable to do this, albeit he has different strengths, mainly in the box.  I thought TT was nurturing CHO for this role but he seems to have gradually lost his place for most games to James.  

That Rafinha from Leeds is ideal for our formation, and a Robertson or a Tierney on the left.  In the absence of fantasy football wishlists however,  longer-term,  I think that Reece should be earmarked for RCB with CHO at RWB.  Those two seem to have a good connection and Reece would be very effective breaking forward into space like Azpi does. 

One way or another, we simply have to have 1, if not 2 more offensive players into the starting 11. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Is it happening again. We drop points and everyone else does too. 

It's unfortunate Arsenal and Liverpool had each other. Perhaps games after international breaks really are just more hard and tricky than we give them credit for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

It's unfortunate Arsenal and Liverpool had each other. Perhaps games after international breaks really are just more hard and tricky than we give them credit for.

Certainly. They probably require different tactics to account for the difference in fitness levels if playing a less internationally experienced team. To play ones normal tactics is dangerous considering energy levels. And on this occasion especially. Traditionally International Breaks have 2 games. On this occasion, due to Covid fixture catch up, 3 games were played. 

Of course this is all in the context of a red card and a 2 goal sucker punch before half time. This was the first time under Tuchel we were under the cosh and we collapsed. Without that red card it was all priming up to be a stroll to victory even with the international fatigue, but the chaos of the game compounded the fatigue. 

It's such an abberation. We have been dominant and controlling against everyone, even our rival teams. Conceding only 2 goals in 2.5 months. And then we concede 5 in a game. It's an abberation. We just need to forget about it and move on, and hopefully Tuchel instills that to the players. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said the other day, Rashford can't play for England, but look who gets the equaliser for Utd...you guessed it Rashford, and what about MAGUIRES challenge on welbeck pushes him over a yard from goal, but Mike dean says no penalty and VAR refuses to over rule it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bison said:

West Brom pressed from the start and as a result he was never in the game. I catch some WSL football from time to time and I promise you, there are stronger and more athletic women playing for the ladies team. He is an absolute fraud of a footballer.

Can disagree one bit. Absolute fraud of a footballer. Would rather have Mikel back than see him try to keep up with the pace of PL. We seriously need to cut our losses with him and hope some Italian team pays half of what we bought him for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob B   
6 hours ago, didierforever said:

Can disagree one bit. Absolute fraud of a footballer. Would rather have Mikel back than see him try to keep up with the pace of PL. We seriously need to cut our losses with him and hope some Italian team pays half of what we bought him for.

Jorginho was a shambles on Saturday, but he has been very, very good under Tuchel.  Wins against Everton, Liverpool, Spurs and Athletico, with some important goals scored in there, and a stretch of games where we’ve conceded 2 goals in over a dozen played, makes it a bit unfair to call him a fraud IMO.

He does have his limitations however and West Brom exploited them perfectly.  For me, Jorginho certainly has a place in our squad, but so should somebody like Declan Rice and you pick whoever is most suited to the opponent. 

Gilmour, Jorginho and Kovacic as 3 of your 4 midfield options is horribly unbalanced.  That’s the real problem. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rob B said:

I think there’s something in this, IF Tuchel plans to stick with the current formation (assuming he is our manager next season of course) 

Chilwell and James are brilliant full backs, but as you quite rightly say, neither offer enough as wing backs because they don’t commit defenders 1v1 or break the defensive line.  Alonso is also unable to do this, albeit he has different strengths, mainly in the box.  I thought TT was nurturing CHO for this role but he seems to have gradually lost his place for most games to James.  

]

I think you will find 4 at the back is TT preferred formation, what you are seeing at the moment is a plaster Jobbie.

LB and RB who are England regulars are not good enough for the current 1st team, that is pure comedy and poor old Ray Wilkins will be turning in his grave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now