• Current Donation Goals

chelboy   
2 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

I think much of our issues stem from out innability to take enough of our chances or create enough in the first place. Against West Brom for instance at 1-0 up we had a decent opportunity to make it 2-0 which wasnt taken then almost immediately came the red card and the unraveling of our control of the game. Second half we controlled it better but at the expense of many chances, at 1-2 we had some half chances again not taken  and west brom broke and scored . Sometimes it feels that we aren't working an opposition defensively as much as we should, its like our cautiousness prevents it...ie cut back and keep possession rather than swing in a cross and stretch their defence. Of course that is the way of modern football I guess but as a fan frustrating to watch

I agree but I don’t think it’s the way of modern day football. Our midfield in the final third just lacks risk takers on the ball and our cm’s are the ones that play it safe the most. CB’s and full backs sometimes play it more risky than them which is clearly a problem. Until the midfield starts having more imagination this will be a problem every manager faces using these midfielders. 

3 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

I think much of our issues stem from out innability to take enough of our chances or create enough in the first place. Against West Brom for instance at 1-0 up we had a decent opportunity to make it 2-0 which wasnt taken then almost immediately came the red card and the unraveling of our control of the game. Second half we controlled it better but at the expense of many chances, at 1-2 we had some half chances again not taken  and west brom broke and scored . Sometimes it feels that we aren't working an opposition defensively as much as we should, its like our cautiousness prevents it...ie cut back and keep possession rather than swing in a cross and stretch their defence. Of course that is the way of modern football I guess but as a fan frustrating to watch

I said before Tuchel arrived and it's still the same, it's not that we don't create chances, it's that the chances we do create aren't very good ones - the decision making in the final third is pretty appalling the majority of the time and the players either pick the wrong pass or take a second or two too long to make the right pass, meaning the player who then finds themself in the position to take the 'chance' are already at a disadvantage. I honestly don't understand how it happens so often, these are professional players playing at the top level, so either we have a whole squad that massively lack confidence and mental toughness (possible) or we have a squad with a very low footballing IQ (also possible).

Honestly, being a striker in this current Chelsea team must be infuriating, you make a good run, it gets ignored and you see another player put in for a difficult chance or you get the ball played, but it's either too late or too far in front/behind - I see it so often.

As for tonight, we need to show mental toughness, we have to show we can bounce bag from the disaster that was WBA and we need to get ourselves a decent advantage for the 2nd leg.

I really hope Kante is fit and I really hope Christensen and Rudiger come straight back in as well as Chilwell (controversial to some).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tuchel: "Tammy is in the squad and N'Golo just did a test and will be on the bench. He feels very comfortable, comfortable enough to be on the bench."

So Kante will be on the bench, meaning Jorginho and Kovacic start. Tammy in the squad, I presume that means bench too.

2 hours ago, chelboy said:

I agree but I don’t think it’s the way of modern day football. Our midfield in the final third just lacks risk takers on the ball and our cm’s are the ones that play it safe the most. CB’s and full backs sometimes play it more risky than them which is clearly a problem. Until the midfield starts having more imagination this will be a problem every manager faces using these midfielders. 

Our problem is we do not have a Gus Poyet or Frank Lampard busting to get in the box and score goals.

Added to that us we don’t have JFH, Drogba or Costa up front.

I could go on but just makes me realise some if the top class players we had who in hindsight were all bargains.

Chrisb   

Think we will win 2-0. Can’t see Tuchel taking this game lightly.

• Like 1

Looking forward to some more one sided snide commentary from BT .