• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 4

A nice stress free Chelsea match, haven’t had that for a while! A very strong performance from the whole team, flying out the blocks and then controlling the game, that’s how we should approach most matches.

can't really pick a single player out as they all played really well, but I will mention Chilwell, who has obviously spent time learning how the LWB role works and how TT wants him to play, because the last few games I think he’s really stepped up, which I always thought he would. That said, he did make the wrong decision in the final 3rd a couple of times, but likely because we were 3 up and he wanted in on the action.

If that front 3 can play like that consistently, we may see the GF column increasing a bit more rapidly than it has... but I’m not totally convinced they will.

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

A nice stress free Chelsea match, haven’t had that for a while! A very strong performance from the whole team, flying out the blocks and then controlling the game, that’s how we should approach most matches.

can't really pick a single player out as they all played really well, but I will mention Chilwell, who has obviously spent time learning how the LWB role works and how TT wants him to play, because the last few games I think he’s really stepped up, which I always thought he would. That said, he did make the wrong decision in the final 3rd a couple of times, but likely because we were 3 up and he wanted in on the action.

If that front 3 can play like that consistently, we may see the GF column increasing a bit more rapidly than it has... but I’m not totally convinced they will.

Chilwell has stepped up which is good to see. However, he needs to ensure he is doing the right thing all the time, it doesn't matter if we were 3 up. At the moment, top 4 is so tight GD could decide it. Therefore, he should've passed and didn't have an excuse for not passing as it was a tap in vs a very hard to execute chance for himself.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Chilwell has stepped up which is good to see. However, he needs to ensure he is doing the right thing all the time, it doesn't matter if we were 3 up. At the moment, top 4 is so tight GD could decide it. Therefore, he should've passed and didn't have an excuse for not passing as it was a tap in vs a very hard to execute chance for himself.

I completely agree, I’m not trying to excuse him not passing, but many on here were slating him not long ago, but think he’s really stepped up and taken on board what Tuchel has asked of him, which is a massive plus for the team as defensively he’s definitely better than Alonso and he’s now starting to understand the role in this formation more, which should give us more balance as a team defensively and in attack.

He’ll never be as clinical in the final 3rd as Alonso and I can see certain opponents/situations where we’d still want to be playing Alonso, but for me ‘Chilly’ is now no.1 in that position.

(I bet he starts Alonso vs Porto now!)

Diddymen   
13 hours ago, Liquidator said:

. That and the hunger to smash a couple of those more than half chances home....Hoping there's  decent player in there with that passion to come through for us ... We shall see...

He played really well and probably just tired in the second half, which is understandable as he ran them ragged in the first half. The damage was already done in the first half and maybe he just took his foot off the pedal. No harm in that. 

he smashed it against the Leeds keeper a few weeks ago and that didn’t go very far.

chelboy   

Bloody Ricardo Pereira, he had the chance to go down there and win a pen in the last min but stood on his feet. It would have been a clear pen.

West Ham have a pretty good run in. I would be surprised if they didn’t make it to top 4. Leicester next 4 games are very easy but last 3 are difficult. 

6 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Bloody Ricardo Pereira, he had the chance to go down there and win a pen in the last min but stood on his feet. It would have been a clear pen.

West Ham have a pretty good run in. I would be surprised if they didn’t make it to top 4. Leicester next 4 games are very easy but last 3 are difficult. 

I actually think Spam winning is not too bad for us, it closes the gap on Leicester to 2 points and instead of fighting it out for one CL spot, two CL spots are now in within reach and we still have to play both of them.

45 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

I actually think Spam winning is not too bad for us, it closes the gap on Leicester to 2 points and instead of fighting it out for one CL spot, two CL spots are now in within reach and we still have to play both of them.

Absolutely. West Ham winning is the better result in the long term, despite dropping out of 4th right now.

Sciatika   

Spurs 1-1 Man Utd is good for us, too.

JaneB   
22 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Spurs 1-1 Man Utd is good for us, too.

1 2 now.

Wrong thread but I will carry it on.

If football doesn't do something about cheating players feigning injuries then they are going to lose more and more supporters.  It's absolutely pathetic and makes me ashamed.  I'm getting to the point where I would rather watch rugby union.  Are there any honest players any more?  Sick to death of it :-(((((((((((((((((((((

Ham   
6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

1 2 now.

Wrong thread but I will carry it on.

If football doesn't do something about cheating players feigning injuries then they are going to lose more and more supporters.  It's absolutely pathetic and makes me ashamed.  I'm getting to the point where I would rather watch rugby union.  Are there any honest players any more?  Sick to death of it :-(((((((((((((((((((((

Spurs, innit?