• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Manchester City 0

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Matt Law also reporting this, so I guess this is credible.  Just utterly bizarre.  

Why? clearly not in next seasons plans giving the number of names being thrown around. Harsh maybe but he hasnt improved, he just doesnt have the movement or strength.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He hasn't kicked on. When Kane got his chance for Spurs, he was firing from the start and hasn't stopped since. Tammy has had 2 seasons and hasn't lit the World on fire, it's a shame, but you can't keep "giving chances" for years just because it's the virtuous and sentimental thing to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

He hasn't kicked on. When Kane got his chance for Spurs, he was firing from the start and hasn't stopped since. Tammy has had 2 seasons and hasn't lit the World on fire, it's a shame, but you can't keep "giving chances" for years just because it's the virtuous and sentimental thing to do.

But none of are attacking players have played well under tuchel . We have had good results but in my opinion apart from the palate game we ard far to negative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob B   
25 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Why? clearly not in next seasons plans giving the number of names being thrown around. Harsh maybe but he hasnt improved, he just doesnt have the movement or strength..  

More movement than Giroud and more strength than Werner yet those two are on the bench ahead of him.  He is clearly the best all-rounder of the three.  If you want to make an argument to say that he’s not “world class” and that we should be aiming for better for next season I can accept that,  but to not get ahead of Werner and Giroud is outrageous. 

 

16 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

He hasn't kicked on. When Kane got his chance for Spurs, he was firing from the start and hasn't stopped since. Tammy has had 2 seasons and hasn't lit the World on fire, it's a shame, but you can't keep "giving chances" for years just because it's the virtuous and sentimental thing to do.

What do you mean can’t keep giving chances? He’s had two halves of football...

Has Werner kicked on?  If we’re talking about giving chances, why hasn’t Tammy been given the same chances that he has?  Werner can’t trap a bag of cement let alone hit a barn door but keeps getting included yet our top goal scorer can’t get a look in!!

Tammy got hooked twice at half time for sub-par performances - has he done the same with Havertz when he’s had quiet games? (Because he’s been pretty inconsistent too) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rob B said:

More movement than Giroud and more strength than Werner yet those two are on the bench ahead of him.  He is clearly the best all-rounder of the three.  If you want to make an argument to say that he’s not “world class” and that we should be aiming for better for next season I can accept that,  but to not get ahead of Werner and Giroud is outrageous. 

 

Nonsense, Giroud offers so much more to bring other players in and moves to make goals. Werner creates more despite not scoring. Werner is still new to the league Tammy has had years to understand what is necessary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Nonsense, Giroud offers so much more to bring other players in and moves to make goals. Werner creates more despite not scoring. Werner is still new to the league Tammy has had years to understand what is necessary. 

Years it’s his 3rd season in the top flight . He’s hardly had a chance under tuchel and to fair I think it’s his tactics that are the problem we are far from a creative side ,all the forwards have been poor but it seems Tammy  hasn’t got a future here because if you can’t get on the bench but usually: 2 left backs can says something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob B   
30 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Nonsense, Giroud offers so much more to bring other players in and moves to make goals. Werner creates more despite not scoring. Werner is still new to the league Tammy has had years to understand what is necessary. 

Giroud is a great player to have in the box because he’s a lethal finisher but it’s no coincidence our attack plays crap more often than not when he starts (and TT has worked this out which is why he rarely plays) - he can’t work the channels or get across the pitch, and defences can push up really high because they know he won’t get in behind. 

Werner being new to the league has got nothing to do with basic technique stuff - under or over hitting passes, poor touch, missing sitters etc. 

Tammy has hardly had years either.  Excluding when he played for a relegation team barely older than a teenager, he’s had 1 and a half seasons. 

Edited by Rob B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

But none of are attacking players have played well under tuchel . We have had good results but in my opinion apart from the palate game we ard far to negative. 

 

56 minutes ago, Rob B said:

More movement than Giroud and more strength than Werner yet those two are on the bench ahead of him.  He is clearly the best all-rounder of the three.  If you want to make an argument to say that he’s not “world class” and that we should be aiming for better for next season I can accept that,  but to not get ahead of Werner and Giroud is outrageous. 

 

What do you mean can’t keep giving chances? He’s had two halves of football...

Has Werner kicked on?  If we’re talking about giving chances, why hasn’t Tammy been given the same chances that he has?  Werner can’t trap a bag of cement let alone hit a barn door but keeps getting included yet our top goal scorer can’t get a look in!!

Tammy got hooked twice at half time for sub-par performances - has he done the same with Havertz when he’s had quiet games? (Because he’s been pretty inconsistent too) 

I must admit, I looked at the stats of Kane and Tammy afterwards, and Tammy has played far far fewer games this season.

His return last season was actually very good, not far off 1 goal every 2 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now