• Current Donation Goals

King Kante

Premier League Run In - 2020/21

Sciatika   

His scheme to ring-fence the ground and sell off the pitch was brilliant.

chara   

Best thing abouts Bates was selling the club to the right person......

45 minutes ago, chara said:

Best thing abouts Bates was selling the club to the right person......

No - best thing about Bates was buying the club off the wrong people.  RA was just a bonus after that.

• Thanks 1

chara   
21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No - best thing about Bates was buying the club off the wrong people.  RA was just a bonus after that.

Have to agree Droy.....a double Whammy...

Who wants to bet that the PL give the Dippers a 3-0 win for the game being postponed? 

Hopefully, they'll deal with the problem the way they dealt with the Spuds-Chelsea battle of the Bridge. They took the view that, although Spuds were obviously the instigators and main perpetrators, their opponents should incur the harsher punishment. So while I would welcome,say, a points deduction from ManU, it's only right they should penalise the Dippers more harshly - taking into account their supporters' previous.

36 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Hopefully, they'll deal with the problem the way they dealt with the Spuds-Chelsea battle of the Bridge. They took the view that, although Spuds were obviously the instigators and main perpetrators, their opponents should incur the harsher punishment. So while I would welcome,say, a points deduction from ManU, it's only right they should penalise the Dippers more harshly - taking into account their supporters' previous.

I don't think they had much choice.  It was a tunnel brawl with both sides, not the bookings in the game that caused the fine.  And Chelsea had prior.

But Clattenberg quit the game shortly afterwards, and I feel sure that was part of the agreement with Chelsea.  (ditto Poll in that other Spurs game).  And IMO we have never seen such clear anti-Chelsea reffing post 2016 as we did in the 10 years before.  (Only competing for the Prem once is a part of that too).  Next year will be interesting.

3 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Haha, no, if anything they'll give the Dippers a 6-0 win to make up for their hurt feelings. However, I am actually firmly of the belief they will give the Dippers the win as I cannot see where they will place the game owing to Utd's Ropey matches. 

asvaberg   
On 30.4.2021 at 9:00 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Didn't he buy for £1 and later sold it for £18.000.000 ? 

Clever man.

14 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Didn't he buy for £1 and later sold it for £18.000.000 ? 

Clever man.

Sold for a lot more wasn't it?  - but I don't think £1 was the total of his early investments, he funded the club and its transfer budget for a while.  It wasn't a zero risk project.

• Thanks 1