• Current Donation Goals

King Kante

Premier League Run In - 2020/21

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

what do we make of this:

Liverpool are now the favourites to nick a top-four place ahead of Chelsea and West Ham | Daily Mail Online

 

(apologies in advance - its from the Daily Fail)

Yeah - well joint top 4 with us according to Betfair (who at least do put their money where their mouth is).

But not much better than 50/50 for either of us, and more or less the same for Leicester, and short odds for WHU.
Going to be very close at the end.
image.png.1be1e2ae1f3f0c3c689856b84b88b7f4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Or, the optimistic way of seeing things :)

We can lose to Man City away, win the rest, and still make it - total points 72, 4th place

West Ham lose away to us, win the rest = total points 73, 3rd place

If:

Leicester lose away to ManUtd (and us), win the rest = total points 71

Liverpool lose away to ManUtd , win the rest =  total points 70

Spurs can in theory end on 70 points, maximum, and Everton 72 (69 if lose to West Ham) and their form is pretty bad and goal difference is terrible

We only have to rely on ourselves and OGS/ManUtd.......... haha :)

 

 

Problem is we also have West Ham away, Leicester at home, Villa away (not historically been a great ground for us) and Arsenal at home. Personally I don't see 12 points from those fixtures with a CL Semi against Real to come and potentially a CL final to look forward to if we beat Real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Problem is we also have West Ham away, Leicester at home, Villa away (not historically been a great ground for us) and Arsenal at home. Personally I don't see 12 points from those fixtures with a CL Semi against Real to come and potentially a CL final to look forward to if we beat Real. 

City, arsenal and Leicester within 7 days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ham said:

City, arsenal and Leicester within 7 days. 

Pretty horrific. Fortunately, Le Arse look to be going through so at least they do not have more time to prepare. Furthermore, they beat Villarreal, their focus will be the Ropey as they have no hope in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Pretty horrific. Fortunately, Le Arse look to be going through so at least they do not have more time to prepare. Furthermore, they beat Villarreal, their focus will be the Ropey as they have no hope in the league. 

Fingers crossed for Arsenal in the Ropey.  My dream scenario is we win CL, Arsenal EL, and Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool fight it out for 4th, 5th and 6th in the Prem.  
In which case 6th might be more fun than 4th.

(yeah I know, the league finished before the final, so pretty nerve wracking anyway.  And then they'd change to rules to make an exception for Liverpool...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Fingers crossed for Arsenal in the Ropey.  My dream scenario is we win CL, Arsenal EL, and Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool fight it out for 4th, 5th and 6th in the Prem.  
In which case 6th might be more fun than 4th.

(yeah I know, the league finished before the final, so pretty nerve wracking anyway.  And then they'd change to rules to make an exception for Liverpool...)

Oh for sure, Dippers in 4th but us to win the CL and Le Arse the EL would be hilarious. I reckon if there was a chance of that some Utd fans would even be happy for them to roll over against Le Arse in the EL final. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
17 hours ago, King Kante said:

Problem is we also have West Ham away, Leicester at home, Villa away (not historically been a great ground for us) and Arsenal at home. Personally I don't see 12 points from those fixtures with a CL Semi against Real to come and potentially a CL final to look forward to if we beat Real. 

To be honest, the bigger games take care of themselves. It is the games against the poorer teams where we have struggled recently. 

11 hours ago, King Kante said:

Pretty horrific. Fortunately, Le Arse look to be going through so at least they do not have more time to prepare. Furthermore, they beat Villarreal, their focus will be the Ropey as they have no hope in the league. 

Not sure it is horrific, City apart. Although they could be champions by the time we play them with an eye on the CL semi / final. If I was Pep and I was already champions, I wouldn't be risking a single key player in a league game. 

Arsenal and Leicester both at home, and both very beatable. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

To be honest, the bigger games take care of themselves. It is the games against the poorer teams where we have struggled recently 

The other teams Brighton and Fulham are still battling for points to stay up (West Brom put 5 past us) it’s going to be tough but they say the table doesn’t lie and at the end of the season you deserve to be where you finish 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boom. Result tonight was the best we could've asked for. I would say it pretty much rules both Everton and Spuds out of the top 4 as they will need to win every game here on in. Everton's run in is probably the only one worse than ours. 

Edited by King Kante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now