• Current Donation Goals

35 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Sadly I bet Giroud cannot wait to leave :-(

TT's obsession with Werner is getting ridiculous :-(

I am sure Madrid would have loved to face Giroud instead of Werner. He needs to do better with his finishing but the guy is a constant threat with his speed, and that helps to keep defenders honest. We all know he needs to score more, but as it is he is our best option. Rather have Havertz on if not him. 

43 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Sadly I bet Giroud cannot wait to leave :-(

TT's obsession with Werner is getting ridiculous :-(

Giroud's contract finishes in a month.  He won't have to wait long if that is what he wants.
My guess is he'd prefer to stay.

Werner is going to be phenomenal for us if he ever regains the confidence he lost earlier this season.  Playing him is both doing us good short term, and long term.

53 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I see someone else is also still sore about Barca 2018. 

I may be slow but what about Barca 2018? 

43 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I agree. Just got a feeling Benzema isn't finished yet with this tie. He's on a run of form at the moment where every time he picks up the ball, it can end up in the back of the net seconds later.

Indeed. We had a warning moments before his goal. 

43 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Hopefully differently than the PSG game in 2015!!

That was so weird. We scored late and it felt like a relief, as if that was the tie done. But in reality we were winning before the goal anyway, so the goal may have simply galvanised PSG to push for their equaliser. 

16 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I am sure Madrid would have loved to face Giroud instead of Werner. He needs to do better with his finishing but the guy is a constant threat with his speed, and that helps to keep defenders honest. We all know he needs to score more, but as it is he is our best option. Rather have Havertz on if not him. 

Agree 100% Werner gives us the right shape and threat. With Giroud you become flat and more predictable. Tammy on the other hand does have something to give and I think should be used more. Not necessarily starting but definitely off the bench

9 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I may be slow but what about Barca 2018? 

2nd leg. Courtois got nutmegged for the opening goal, and I think one other one that night. 

chelboy   
14 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

When it comes down to scoring goals he isn’t as good as Giroud or Tammy. It’s clear that they are better finishers. Even with Giroud lack of speed chances will fall his way. I feel far more confident in him scoring than Werner. I don’t know why suddenly Giroud lack of speed is being used against him. He’s lacked speed for years and still manages to score at a good rate. Every striker misses chances but the amount of clear cut chances Werner has missed this season is staggering. He shouldn’t be leading the line over Giroud/Tammy. He should be playing alongside them or on the bench. 

Ham   
43 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Relax lads , it's the BIG ONE tomorrow according to BT

I wonder whether they'll lead into this one with 20 minutes of E$L shaming like they did tonight. 

BT Sport and Sky. Friends of the football fan. Who actually needed free to air football on terrestrial TV anyway? 

Arkie   

This was a missed  opportunity.

Madrid was knackered and there for the taking. 
A much harder game awaits us next week with several of their big players coming back.

Surely Werner played himself out of starting 11 with this showing? Just not good enough for that type of BIG games.

Puslic on the other hand rises again.

Overall I would say we got no real advantage  going forward but about reduced two leg affair to one decisive game. Let’s see...

Edited by Arkie