• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 1 Chelsea 2

Recommended Posts

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester City at the Ethiad Stadium before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try and keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30 hours on Saturday, 8th May 2021(Local time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could have done with West Ham dropping points tonight... they just won’t go away, which worries me.

As with the rest of them, this is a must win game, but it’s the game where City can secure the title, so it’s going to be very hard, especially off the back of the game on Wednesday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Could have done with West Ham dropping points tonight... they just won’t go away, which worries me.

As with the rest of them, this is a must win game, but it’s the game where City can secure the title, so it’s going to be very hard, especially off the back of the game on Wednesday!

Yeah, their run in is pretty nice. Everton are the only team left that may give the a game. 

This game for me is a must not lose one, draw would be ok if not great. Dippers also have a run in that could not have been hand picked better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Could have done with West Ham dropping points tonight... they just won’t go away, which worries me.

As with the rest of them, this is a must win game, but it’s the game where City can secure the title, so it’s going to be very hard, especially off the back of the game on Wednesday!

 

6 hours ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, their run in is pretty nice. Everton are the only team left that may give the a game. 

This game for me is a must not lose one, draw would be ok if not great. Dippers also have a run in that could not have been hand picked better. 

I think it will be fine thanks to Leicester dropping into the fight. Leicester have United, us and Spurs. It's what helped us last season when thing were looking tight around this stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

 

I think it will be fine thanks to Leicester dropping into the fight. Leicester have United, us and Spurs. It's what helped us last season when thing were looking tight around this stage. 

I hope so, my only concern is that if we lose to City, the gap between us and them opens up again (if Leicester win their game). It is going to be incredibly tight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   

Surprise surprise that United vs Liverpool game wasn’t either played on Sunday night (presuming the players & ref wanted to watch Line Of Duty) or last night, when both clubs were free. Gives Liverpool a nice game in hand to play with and means there’s no risk of City being on the beach come 5.30pm Saturday.

Wonder if we or Arsenal would have been given the option the have a week off to prep for an EL semi in the case of our owns fans causing a postponement? Don’t think so.

Back to us, I’m guessing we’ll really need a minimum of 7 points now to secure top 4. But it’s tight and has been further tilted against us over the last 48 hours. Hopefully we can get something against City, but it’ll be hard. I’d probably take a point if offered it now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bert19 said:

Surprise surprise that United vs Liverpool game wasn’t either played on Sunday night (presuming the players & ref wanted to watch Line Of Duty) or last night, when both clubs were free. Gives Liverpool a nice game in hand to play with and means there’s no risk of City being on the beach come 5.30pm Saturday.

I hadn't considered that angle. I was thinking it is advantageous for us since it will cause fixture congestion for Liverpool. There's literally no free slots between now and end of season. Every weekend and midweek is taken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bert19 said:

Hopefully we can get something against City, but it’ll be hard. I’d probably take a point if offered it now

I would take that all day long. Not least, because I can't see us quite managing to beat them 3 times on the bounce...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   

I agree with most points on here and agonise at all the possible scenarios along with all the "faithful" .

This sanity inducing thought calms me down...ultimately it is down to Chelsea to achieve and not just in the last knockings but over the season.

The keeper angle....go down or see glory by your own decision/actions..penalty etc..not the screaming instructions from others.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   
2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I hadn't considered that angle. I was thinking it is advantageous for us since it will cause fixture congestion for Liverpool. There's literally no free slots between now and end of season. Every weekend and midweek is taken. 

It does cause congestion, yes. But I seriously wonder if any other Premier League clubs essentially end up with the weekend off in this scenario (especially considering the fixture congestion you’ve rightly mentioned) other than these two? 
 

By full-time of our game at City, Liverpool go into their kick off with two games in hand on us and won’t have played for 14 days. Nice little break considering all of the games we’re playing this month and the remaining fixtures for both clubs. 
 

But saying that, I’ll take the schedule being as it is if we walk away with trophies at the end of it.

Edited by bert19
Addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.