• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 1 Chelsea 2

Kezza   

I think we were a bit fortunate with the Sterling penalty incident. Our defenders Zouma and Christensen does tend to be clumsy at times. There are many divers in the game. It's not nice but these defenders got to be smart enough not to give them the chance to cheat.

Rob B   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Personally I’d be playing James RWB with Azpi RCB in both finals anyway. James looked very good yesterday, again!

James had the look of someone who got bit of a rollicking at HT yesterday.  First half, I said to my family that James had been quiet and had unusually given the ball away a couple of times.

Second half he came out like a man possessed and had Mendy on toast!!  Was very aggressive in his attacking play we were unlucky not to score from a few of his crosses.

I still think James has another gear in him if I’m honest.  Wonderful player.

Nice to see the Christiansen haters out in force. Borderline foul. 20 odd faultless matches gone unnoticed.. genuinely feel that there are people here that celebrate when their 'target' players do something to fit their agenda.

Mikel suffered for years with this and will probably go down as our most undervalued player in history

Edited by Erland Johnson

Sciatika   

I think Christensen has gone up at least a level in the latter part of this season. He seems much stronger than he did. However, that might be simply because he has had starts to become settled and confident. Of course, it is traditional for us to lose a couple of central defenders in the build-up to a Champion's League final.

• Haha 1

First of all, Pep isn't a Freud, and it's not that he hasn't got a plan B

he made nine changes yesterday, and eight changes when we beat them in the semi final

maybe he knows they have the best first eleven in the league, maybe Europe,

BUT I think that he underestimated us in the semi final, and yesterday he knew we would take a point all day long, but it backfired.

Make no mistake we have the second best squad in the league and maybe Europe, definitely better then United and Liverpool

if they have everyone fit and we have everyone fit for the final, it will take us to play to our maximum and for them to play maybe to only 90% for us to beat them.

I do think we will do it though,(reguardless of the media love in, most will want city to do it)

Apart from man Utd and Liverpool supporters everyone else will also want city to beat us.

looking at yesterday's game, our defenders are really thick at times, Christensen dived in for no reason, he didn't have to win the ball, he should have just let him have the ball and forced him away from goal.

Zouma was so clumsy he was lucky the referee didn't give it, like I said earlier maybe he had seen the replay at halftime of the Gilmore penalty and realised it was so soft, and wasn't going to give it unless VAR over ruled it.

Why Zouma thought that running so close to Stirling and behind him,was a good idea, only he knows, Stirlings first touch took him slightly away from goal, if Zouma had run in a straight line he may well have got back alongside him because of his pace

REMEMBER TAYLOR ROBBED US IN BOTH FA CUP FINALS, (with the Sanchez goal where he virtually carried the ball before scoring, and last year where he sent Kovacic off when it was the Arsenal player who stood on his foot and then rolled around on the floor), maybe he owed us

IF we was to win the champions league,the FA cup and finish in the top 4 and city win the league cup and the premier league WHOS HAD THE BEST SEASON?

Also manager of the year, who will win that? PEOPLE ARE SAYING MOYES (if West Ham qualify for Europe) or the Leeds manager, surely, TT must be in the mix when you consider what he's atcheived in such a short space of time, beating Jose,Anchelotti,Klopp,Simone (twice), without conceding a goal, add to that Pep (twice maybe 3 times)

Edited by Worsebytheday

4 hours ago, Kezza said:

I think we were a bit fortunate with the Sterling penalty incident. Our defenders Zouma and Christensen does tend to be clumsy at times. There are many divers in the game. It's not nice but these defenders got to be smart enough not to give them the chance to cheat.

Based on the current precedence and interpretations, it should been a penalty, and the penalty given made sense based on that. 

But based on how it should be ideally, neither should ever be classed as fouls. So soft and not impeding the attacking players in any way, in both situations the "fouled" players can continue with their actions.. Zouma was simply running behind/alongside Sterling, same with Gilmour's foul on whoever it was. The locomotion of the attacking players legs getting tangled, is in no way a penalty in my opinion.

Sciatika   

I get frustrated by the strategy where an attacking player gets between the defender and the ball and then stops and waits for the defender to run into him and then falls over. It's nearly as annoying as attackers who make no attempt to win a high ball and simply back into defenders or throws and kicks that are taken from the wrong place.

45 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Based on the current precedence and interpretations, it should been a penalty, and the penalty given made sense based on that. 

But based on how it should be ideally, neither should ever be classed as fouls. So soft and not impeding the attacking players in any way, in both situations the "fouled" players can continue with their actions.. Zouma was simply running behind/alongside Sterling, same with Gilmour's foul on whoever it was. The locomotion of the attacking players legs getting tangled, is in no way a penalty in my opinion.

Yeah.  I think 1 penalty was about fair.  Though probably the 2nd one deserved it more than the first.

At least Sterling was still moving towards the ball as he slowed down.  Whereas Jesus was moving away from it, so much so that even with a helpful shove from Billy, he could barely reach the ball.

31 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I get frustrated by the strategy where an attacking player gets between the defender and the ball and then stops and waits for the defender to run into him and then falls over. It's nearly as annoying as attackers who make no attempt to win a high ball and simply back into defenders or throws and kicks that are taken from the wrong place.

These are both, particularly the latter, the Harry Kane special. 

8 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

These are both, particularly the latter, the Harry Kane special. 

I think a lot of strikers wander under jumping defenders.  I've noticed Werner and Havertz do it a lot, especially since the development coaching team got replaced by the match winning team.  A lot of non-jumpers do it - Kalou was expert.  So do some jumpers, like Drunken Disorderly's protégé, Calvert-Lewin