• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 1 Chelsea 2

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I think you have to play Werner with their high line. 

Worked in the cup semi. 

I see your point, but I'm thinking Puli will fill that role to begin with and then have Werner off the bench with fresh legs.

But it could also be a case for:

                 Pulisic Mount

                       Werner

But Pulisic and Mount must play imo. Personally I'd rather give Havertz another go and rest Werner for this one. Kai was sublime against Real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
41 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I see your point, but I'm thinking Puli will fill that role to begin with and then have Werner off the bench with fresh legs.

But it could also be a case for:

                 Pulisic Mount

                       Werner

But Pulisic and Mount must play imo. Personally I'd rather give Havertz another go and rest Werner for this one. Kai was sublime against Real.

yeah, it's a tricky one. Harsh on one of those front 4 to miss out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

I see your point, but I'm thinking Puli will fill that role to begin with and then have Werner off the bench with fresh legs.

But it could also be a case for:

                 Pulisic Mount

                       Werner

But Pulisic and Mount must play imo. Personally I'd rather give Havertz another go and rest Werner for this one. Kai was sublime against Real.

Personally, I think Werner is more suited to the City game and Havertz more suited to the Arsenal game. Werner with his pace in behind City with the high line and Havertz skill against the Arsenal back line, with Ziyech and Mount on either side.

But at this point, you could play any of Werner, Mount, Pulisic and Havertz and I would be fine with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

yeah, it's a tricky one. Harsh on one of those front 4 to miss out 

 

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

But at this point, you could play any of Werner, Mount, Pulisic and Havertz and I would be fine with it.

It's certainly a nice 'problem' to have!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

But at this point, you could play any of Werner, Mount, Pulisic and Havertz and I would be fine with it.

I think we should all be proud with the work Marina has done in the last 3 years.

Kai Havertz Bay. Leverkusen £72.00m
Timo Werner RB Leipzig £47.70m
Ben Chilwell Leicester £45.18m
Hakim Ziyech Ajax £36.00m
Edouard Mendy Stade Rennais £21.60m
Thiago Silva PSG -
Mateo Kovacic Real Madrid £40.50m
Kepa Athletic £72.00m
Christian Pulisic Bor. Dortmund £57.60m
Jorginho SSC Napoli £51.30m

(transfrmarkt prices)

 

Most of them are starters, all the others are very close and on a 5 man bench.
And the amazing thing is that no one else has been bought - which given the previous couple of years is incredible.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
34 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

 

It's certainly a nice 'problem' to have!

Certainly a nice change from 32 year old Willian and 33 year old Pedro (no disrespect to either in their prime)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Certainly a nice change from 32 year old Willian and 33 year old Pedro (no disrespect to either in their prime)

That is what happens if you go 4 years without buying or producing an AM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

That is what happens if you go 4 years without buying or producing an AM.

Absolutely. Scandalous it was allowed to happen really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Rod   
23 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I see your point, but I'm thinking Puli will fill that role to begin with and then have Werner off the bench with fresh legs.

But it could also be a case for:

                 Pulisic Mount

                       Werner

But Pulisic and Mount must play imo. Personally I'd rather give Havertz another go and rest Werner for this one. Kai was sublime against Real.

I'd give Havertz another go.  But he has a lot of learning to do from a striker's point of view.

He has demonstrated that ability to receive the ball in any position and to glide past opponents with ease. These are good midfield skills. But when you're in front of goal it's a completely different game. The cross coming in will never be pinpointed to you. And even it it were, the defending 3. 4, 5, 6 players plus keeper have a different idea. You need to explode on to it, and when you get there, you must lay out everything you've got - power, pace, brut force, trickery. 

It does seem to me that Havertz the false 9 is still playing like a midfielder.

Edited by Blue Rod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

It does seem to me that Havertz the false 9 is still playing like a midfielder.

It isn't a false 9 unless you have players further up the pitch than you.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.