• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Leicester City 1

4 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Agreed but Its a knockout was not only him.

True. I also remember his match summaries for 5 live and various other football related programmes. He was very erudite and entertaining, which is why I am so bitter to have discovered that he is  a disgusting human being.

Edited by RDC Williams

47 minutes ago, chara said:

Ah..old Wembley...my first real football game was at Wembley..Hendon v Bishop Auckland in the Amateur Cup....could hardly see the pitch!...two Chelsea Finals..Spurs heartache and Leeds ...could see the towers from my junior school classrooms and from my Grandmother's the roar could be heard from Wembley...too many International games to recount. All '66 games except the final..countless Charity Shield..Chopper winning Youth World Cup partnering Tommy Smith...and on and on down a gloriuos memory lane.

The whole week build up to the Final...my Mother in tears every year at "Abide With Me"....a pristine pitch (except for the Leeds game) at a time that by the end of the season most pitches were devoid of grass except on the wings..maybe...

Now?.....only of real importance to the Chelsea/Leicester faithful..no National fervour or occasion...all progress is not for the better.

Oh..forgot...that weird something Cup against Citeh....The Cat in front of us in some pregame shootout competition...all quite pointless but my Hero and Chelsea at Wembley!

Cup Final day 1977, Liverpool v Manure. A nice sunny day, and had a kick around in the garden with my brother, then left the ball in the middle of the lawn.

As kick off approached I spotted the ball on the lawn and decided I needed to go outside for another kick around, so I ran out into the garden...straight through our French door. My mum had decided to take down the net curtain to wash it for the first time in years, giving the illusion of an open door. Fortunately, the impact ws with my head, and I somehow managed to stop dead still and avoid severing any arteries.

Still shook me up pretty badly - as it did my mum and dad.

Decent final, I seem to remember.

No real surprise, but Tammy is not in the squad. I do feel for him and I do feel this is the sign (if we still needed it) that he'll be off in the summer.

I don't massively rate Tammy, but I do feel he's a decent 2nd/3rd choice striker for us and his home grown, so it'll be a shame to see him go, if he does go.

Kepa

Azpi - Silva - Rudiger

James - Jorginho - Kante - Alonso

Mount - Werner - Ziyech

Bench: Mendy, Chilwell, Zouma, Emerson, Gilmour, Havertz, CHO, Pulisic, Giroud

asvaberg   

Kepa? Why.......................

It's the team I would have picked, apart from Mendy in for Kepa.

Very harsh on Tammy, when we have 2 LBs on the bench.

Come on Chels.

Just now, asvaberg said:

Kepa? Why.......................

The only thing I can think is that he was told when Mendy came in, he would be our cup keeper, if he lost his place in the team, to try and keep his morale up. I find it strange though, for me, the final isn't a place for sentiment.

• Like 1

Ruudboy   
12 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Agreed but Its a knockout was not only him.

Eddie Waring, he of the "it's an up and under" (whatever that was) fame. Often at the oddly named Knocke-Heist.

Rob B   

Tuchel said Kepa was definitely starting a few days ago, but eyebrow raised at Alonso and Ziyech starting. 

I also expected to see Kovacic on the bench.