• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Leicester City 1

Holymoly   
3 hours ago, JaneB said:

I thought it was just me but surely in an FA Cup Final you should be playing your strongest team?  And that is Mendy as GK.  No room for sentiment here, we want to flipping win!!

I fear that if we lose this we'll end up with nothing this season with probably Scum nicking 4th.

Now that we cocked up the Arsenal game, we field a b-team for the FA cup final resting our best players for the midweek game, which is more important. Or is that just me? 

chara   
17 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Now that we cocked up the Arsenal game, we field a b-team for the FA cup final resting our best players for the midweek game, which is more important. Or is that just me? 

Now guys.... deep breath..... b-team.....one man's b-team is basically anothers A-team....and so on....there are no free lunches in the real World nor in Football.....lets go down fighting not cringing and hoping for bail outs from other contenders...Glory beckons yet again.....win = euphoria..lose?......a day or so of depression then onward to next season'

I doubt any of us will see anything but an internal wavering in their lives.should we stumble badly at the last hurdles.

It is in the teams hands (feet!) and I would image the there abouts fans feel the same way at those clubs.....

Potentially and not just a faint hope top fourth place...FA Cup..European Cup.....if all is lost a far better season for Chelsea than most teams...rather support WBA Fulham Sheff Utd?......think how their true fans feel...(Remember?..lot of us have "been there done that")

Embrace the challenge.....IF.......then you will be?

• Like 1

asvaberg   
8 hours ago, chara said:

Now guys.... deep breath..... b-team.....one man's b-team is basically anothers A-team....and so on....there are no free lunches in the real World nor in Football.....lets go down fighting not cringing and hoping for bail outs from other contenders...Glory beckons yet again.....win = euphoria..lose?......a day or so of depression then onward to next season'

I doubt any of us will see anything but an internal wavering in their lives.should we stumble badly at the last hurdles.

It is in the teams hands (feet!) and I would image the there abouts fans feel the same way at those clubs.....

Potentially and not just a faint hope top fourth place...FA Cup..European Cup.....if all is lost a far better season for Chelsea than most teams...rather support WBA Fulham Sheff Utd?......think how their true fans feel...(Remember?..lot of us have "been there done that")

Embrace the challenge.....IF.......then you will be?

Correct! And here's the recipe, plain and simple (call me naive, I don't care - haha):

However: we> you the players can do this yourselves - you won't have to rely on any other but yourselves and your teammates and your management team.

a) You players can win the FA cup yourselves - just score more goals than Leicester.

b) You players can win the remaining two PL matches - just follow the same approach as a) above and what you have been doing since TT came in.

c) You players can beat ManCity in Porto - you have beaten them twice in the last two months - you can definately do it the third time.

TT and you, the players, must have an OPTIMISTIC approach to these 4 cruicial matches.

It's 4 x 90 minutes of hard work, starting after the terrible Arsenal match, and for the next 17 days.

(most of us supporters have 8 hours of hard work every workday these 17 days..............go figure)

Edited by asvaberg
  • Like 1

bert19   

I really hope the players have their mindset right for this and the two games that follow over the next week. What we saw on Wednesday was not good and will hopefully have really pissed a few of the bigger players in the dressing room off, causing a real focus for the tasks ahead. 
Leicester will be up for this, but if we can keep our shape and not give them space to counter into, then we’ll win I think. We’ve got to be proactive though. Don’t start slowly and go behind. Get ahead and force them to come at us, leaving gaps to exploit. 

Personally, I would start with Ziyech and bring Pulisic off the bench against a tired defence. Pulisic always seems to make a big difference when coming on later in the game and I think we made need Ziyech's passing ability to help unlock them.

Werner a no brainer, whatever people say about his goalscoring record, he is so important to this team and how we play.

Mendy over Kepa for me too, he's the better keeper, he gives more confidence to the team and this is a one of match for a trophy, play to win with your strongest team.

Bison   

Unbelievable effort from the super human Christensen. From what looked like a season ending injury to fit again within a week. Hero. 

Edited by Bison
  • Haha 1

Arkie   
12 minutes ago, Bison said:

Unbelievable effort from the super human Christensen. From what looked like a season ending injury to fit again within a week. Hero. 

Do I sense sarcasm In this?

Is it a theory where Andreas pretends to be injured after blunders?

21 minutes ago, Arkie said:

Do I sense sarcasm In this?

Is it a theory where Andreas pretends to be injured after blunders?

It is a bit of a reoccurring theme that he gets injured/ill before/during games then seems to be ok within a week. 

paulw66   
14 hours ago, Worsebytheday said:

Pity our coach didn't do that yesterday

Give over. 

You didn't complain when the team with 5 changes in it won at City.

There were clearly reasons for leaving out Kante and Rudiger due to fear of injury. Would you have been happy if they had played and then been ruled out for the season?

34 minutes ago, King Kante said:

It is a bit of a reoccurring theme that he gets injured/ill before/during games then seems to be ok within a week. 

any examples?