• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Leicester City 1

55 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Never felt so blasé about a cup final as I do today. Missing the first half due to work but just doesn't feel special. Maybe it's because of the weather.

Or because we have bigger games to follow?

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It does stick in the craw somewhat when the BBC wax lyrical about what great owners Leicester have , identifying a project and investing to make sure their dreams reach fruition . 

We on the other hand , no mention .

Despite having probably the best owner of a football club you could possibly have . 

They're going to hate it if we win .

Talk sport the other morning was something else. Almost plotting our season being a disaster if we lose 3 out of the next 4.

Not so bothered about today it is the CL final that is grating. We are no club to talk but Citeh is hardly a footballing romance story!

1 hour ago, blue moon said:

Quite agree - I didn’t manage to get to the old Wembley, but have managed several at the new one, and the sense of occasion is a bit … well … flat.

30 years ago, I lived in Acton and remember seeing the team fly in on a chopper from Selsdon Park nr Croydon, then could hear the cheer from my back garden when a goal went in. Magic. 

97 was a great day. I kind of blacked out for the second goal. Remember the back heel and Eddie about to shoot and then it went blank until people started jumping on top of me.

I often wonder how the guy who sat next to me is. I didn’t think he would make it to half time he was so stressed about holding on to our lead.

Leo91   
40 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

What? I’m super pumped. Yes we’ve played in 4 of the last 5 FA Cup finals including today’s game. But we’ve only won one of them (so far). 

We used to be so good in finals. Hurts that we’ve lost two FA Cup finals to ****ing Arsenal. If we lose today I will be fuming. 

Have we really played 4!? My memory is going

Ruudboy   

Played 14 won 8 in total. Last five being …

2017 Arsenal 

2018 United (we won)

2019 City : Watford 

2020 Arsenal 

2021 Leicester

25 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Have we really played 4!? My memory is going

Yes, and we also can pad out the stat with the League Cup and Europa League finals. For a "bad period" relative to our standards, we sure have been fruitful in reaching finals. 

Sciatika   

Chris Mears posted this earlier:

image.thumb.png.f4618973008fa5c3cf32978121e794d0.png

Kepa

Azpi.                  silva             Rudi 

james.       Kante.     Jorginho.    Alonso

.          Mount.                      Werner

.                        giroud/Tammy

id prefer it to be Alonso over Chilwell, and Giroud or Tammy instead of pipe and slippers, but got a feeling it's going to be chilwell and Havetz

Some reports claiming Zouma will keep his place instead of Silva (I bloody well hope not)

Still if we play like we have done in the bigger games we should be too good for them, if we start slow then I've got a nasty feeling, (Liverpool hoping it goes to extra time) 

I'm GOING FOR 2-0

(we need shalimar)

It does seem strange to me that Leicester's ownership is being positioned as it by some in the press. They seem to run the club well, and with good fan input, but ... they're run by a gambling magnate, ffs. Not a huge issue for me, just odd who can become virtuous when their opposition is Chelsea.

I feel nervous, and like today is a big deal. I grew up with the FA Cup being what we did well. I don't want another final defeat.

chara   
4 hours ago, blue moon said:

Quite agree - I didn’t manage to get to the old Wembley, but have managed several at the new one, and the sense of occasion is a bit … well … flat.

30 years ago, I lived in Acton and remember seeing the team fly in on a chopper from Selsdon Park nr Croydon, then could hear the cheer from my back garden when a goal went in. Magic. 

Ah..old Wembley...my first real football game was at Wembley..Hendon v Bishop Auckland in the Amateur Cup....could hardly see the pitch!...two Chelsea Finals..Spurs heartache and Leeds ...could see the towers from my junior school classrooms and from my Grandmother's the roar could be heard from Wembley...too many International games to recount. All '66 games except the final..countless Charity Shield..Chopper winning Youth World Cup partnering Tommy Smith...and on and on down a gloriuos memory lane.

The whole week build up to the Final...my Mother in tears every year at "Abide With Me"....a pristine pitch (except for the Leeds game) at a time that by the end of the season most pitches were devoid of grass except on the wings..maybe...

Now?.....only of real importance to the Chelsea/Leicester faithful..no National fervour or occasion...all progress is not for the better.

Oh..forgot...that weird something Cup against Citeh....The Cat in front of us in some pregame shootout competition...all quite pointless but my Hero and Chelsea at Wembley!