• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Leicester City 1

3 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Not the same...Helicopters following the team coaches and Stuart Hall

Stuart Hall needs to be struck from the memory. So sad that this apparently avuncular man turned out to be the worst kind of pervert when he is permanently etched on our cultural memory.

We seem to be forever the bad guy in the media Leicester have never won the FA cup and we stand in their way and City have never won the Champions League and its us as the bad guys again! 

Sciatika   
20 minutes ago, chara said:

Oh..forgot...that weird something Cup against Citeh....The Cat in front of us in some pregame shootout competition...all quite pointless but my Hero and Chelsea at Wembley!

Didn't Steve Francis play in goal in the Full Members Cup? Was Bonetti there to give it a touch of extra class?

The FA Cup Final used to be the biggest day in the sporting calendar, not least because it was the only game shown live (not even the League Cup Final was live at the time). It has been diluted by the availability of live broadcast league football and by the expansion of the Champions League.

It does, however, still have a huge and enduring significance because of its status as the oldest Cup competition in the world. It has particular significance for Chelsea and we fans because we have gone from musical joke status ("The Day When Chelsea Went And Won The Cup) to winning it in 1970 and creating a legion of new fans (including me) to being multiple winners and overtaking some of the great historical Cup teams in term of victories and appearances in FA Cup Finals.

Today there will be 22,000 fans there, so it will seem more like a proper football match than we have seen for over a year.

Come on you Blues!

Really need to get a win here . Massive few weeks for the club hoping and praying we do it. 3-2 with Werner getting 2 and pulisic getting the winner 

chara   
11 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Didn't Steve Francis play in goal in the Full Members Cup? Was Bonetti there to give it a touch of extra class?

Yeah Francis was in goal.....always thought he was one for the future but he went to Swindon I think and faded from memory...I think Bonetti was coaching at Chelsea but could be wrong..he was retired by then as a player...it was just a pre game (or maybe Ht...not sure now!) bit of nonsense for the "occasion"

Chelsea won, just and of course we grabbed what little triumph we could back then!

7 minutes ago, chara said:

Yeah Francis was in goal.....always thought he was one for the future but he went to Swindon I think and faded from memory...I think Bonetti was coaching at Chelsea but could be wrong..he was retired by then as a player...it was just a pre game (or maybe Ht...not sure now!) bit of nonsense for the "occasion"

Chelsea won, just and of course we grabbed what little triumph we could back then!

Francis was short, even for the time. He seemed shorter even than The Cat, but having che ked Google he was an inch taller! 

Edited by RDC Williams

Not half as nervous as 3 days ago.  Win or lose, it doesn't affect next season.  And we are a top team that really needs to be in the CL next year.
CL final of course is a big step higher.
I really don't care if TT uses this as a B team game preparation for Wednesday, or as a scare of a life time experience for leicester.
Not sure there is much difference between the A and B teams, or who would be in which.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Chris Mears posted this earlier:

image.thumb.png.f4618973008fa5c3cf32978121e794d0.png

Thats the way it was, a days entertainment building to a 3pm ko

A few years later we had its a knockout

35 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Stuart Hall needs to be struck from the memory. So sad that this apparently avuncular man turned out to be the worst kind of pervert when he is permanently etched on our cultural memory.

Agreed but Its a knockout was not only him.