• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 0 CHELSEA 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2020/21

3 hours ago, Holymoly said:

So William Hill offering 40-1 on us lifting the cup. Add to that the fact the media is only talking about City. Even the BBC news the other night had a piece on Foden being the second coming with no mention of Chelsea. Anyone would think they were playing a team of convicted Muslim fundementalists from Afghanistan, and not another English side albeit managed by a German rather than SFL. Pretty sure if by some chance we did actually win the only mention on the news would be about me winning big at the bookies.

They are offering 30-1 on City though! Seems bizarre. There must be conditions!

4 hours ago, Holymoly said:

So William Hill offering 40-1 on us lifting the cup. 

That's a promotion, not the actual odds. 

Starting to get a bit of FOMO about not getting a ticket. Going was never doable for me, but the closer the game gets the less that matters to me and the more I wish I was there. No exaggeration, Munich 2012 was one of the best two or three days of my life. 

1 hour ago, RDC Williams said:

They are offering 30-1 on City though! Seems bizarre. There must be conditions!

New customers only maximum bet 

City are 10/11 Chelsea 18/5    90mins

City 4/9 Chelsea 7/4 to win the trophy 🏆 

4 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I think I get it, the Club didn't have enough uptake to put on an a 3rd/4th etc. whatever it may be flight (or UEFA to put on said flight?) for the rest of us who wanted to go?

There are people who were accepted and are going on the package deal, so that's my conclusion. 

Whatever spin we put on it, our rivals are going to have a field day over this.

Ham   

Returning 800 of the stupid in and out flight packages will be used to mock the fans but let's not forget that Man City had to pay for all travel and testing for their fans to make sure they sold their allocation. 

The thought of being herded in and out of Porto like cattle either side of a closed-bar match for between £300 or £800 inclusive just doesn't appeal. 

If it was only £60 to £515 maximum investment then yes.

The club has been brilliant during C19 times but this was a failure by them.

UEFA have always been ©unts so that's no surprise. 

35 minutes ago, Ham said:

Returning 800 of the stupid in and out flight packages will be used to mock the fans but let's not forget that Man City had to pay for all travel and testing for their fans to make sure they sold their allocation. 

The thought of being herded in and out of Porto like cattle either side of a closed-bar match for between £300 or £800 inclusive just doesn't appeal. 

Just had a look online. The haters having a field day. We need the club to explain what has gone on to save us from this embarrassment.

39 minutes ago, Ham said:

I think I'm lucky and have done this as cheap as possible.. ticket £60, plane £199, PCR £59, day 2 £45. So that's approx £360 all in. Then there is getting to and from Gatwick that I'm still to workout as the trains at Clapham are a no go.   When you add the extras on you're looking at £500 cheapest.

I would've gone for the £60 or the £154 tickets. Not sure I'd have gone as far as the £300 and £500 tickets seeing as I also just renewed the season ticket and just shelled out on the family holiday... 

Edited by Erland Johnson

17 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Just had a look online. The haters having a field day. We need the club to explain what has gone on to save us from this embarrassment.

Or ... Just don't read or give a sh*t about what those people are saying? Honestly, most people can't drop £400-800 in one go at short notice at the best of times, and with season tickets having just renewed and money being tight for lots of people this is far from the best of times. If people want to take the piss ... Whatever.

I think the club should just have done what City did, and more heavily subsidised the travel and testing costs. And UEFA should, of course, not privileged corporate obligations over supporters. Given a fair crack, both clubs sell out the usual CL final allocation two or three times over and without difficulty. 

Without partisan disrespect, I do wonder if there is that extra motivation for City fans to just cough up given it's their first. Most of our regular match goers have had multiple European finals to go to since 2008, and I think that does take a little of the "once in a lifetime" sheen off things. I was a student in 2008 so Moscow was never on, but was more than happy (I'd go as far as desperate!) to spend what little I then earned on trips to Munich, Amsterdam and Monaco in the years after. Now ... I just can't justify it in the same way, and I doubt I'm alone.

• Like 1

Absolute joke. I called them about 5 times to ask for tickets as I was all booked up and didn't want to do the crappy charter flight and they told me they were sold out. Absolute joke. 

Kezza   

I hope we practiced penalties. We have a really poor record when it comes to penalty shootout. Especially the mid and defensive players need to put in extra hours this week I feel.