• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 0 CHELSEA 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2020/21

Kezza   
4 hours ago, King Kante said:

I mean we barely have a player who wants to take a penalty when we win one in the game and have a GK who just sits on the floor when facing a peno (although if it gets to that I see Willy getting subbed on at 119 minutes.) If we get to penalties I expect a 3-1/3-0 loss, especially as Ederson waits for Jorgi's shot rather than buys the bait of the skip. 

Our players have poor mentality and very obvious confidence issues when it comes to taking penalties.

Contrary, the way Villareal's players step up and take penalties is very impressive. Such confidence and belief can't be taught overnight.

Stim   

Think you are just projecting your own insecurity on the players.

Yes Ederson will easily save Jorginhos penalty, a man who has scored 29 from 33. If it was so easy why is he so prolific? 

Edited by Stim
  • Thanks 1

johnboy   

Good luck to all the contributors on here that are going to the game, I do so envy you. I always found myself less nervous at the game than watching it on tv. Have a super time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, King Kante said:

Jorgi missed three at the start of the season and we didn't exactly have a rush going forward to take them. Werner took a few but then missed, then it went straight back to Jorgi. If there were people that really wanted to take one surely they would've been given a chance as well after Werner's miss, considering by that point I think it was 4 penalties missed in 6. 

Not a leap I'd make; I'd imagine missing one or two makes it all the more important you keep taking them, and less likely that you let anyone else in.

I've never had the impression that penalties are taken by players deciding they want to take them, and often it's been explicitly clear that isn't the case. Coaches decide who is taking them.

I have a feeling about Werner for this game. 2 goals. You heard it here first. No clue what is going to happen at the other end though...

6 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Not a leap I'd make; I'd imagine missing one or two makes it all the more important you keep taking them, and less likely that you let anyone else in.

I've never had the impression that penalties are taken by players deciding they want to take them, and often it's been explicitly clear that isn't the case. Coaches decide who is taking them.

The Frank Le Bouef training technique was to take one penalty and one only at the end of each day's training.  He said any more just meant you didn't worry about whether they went in.

Hopefully TT has had the whole squad doing that for the past two weeks, and has his list ready, complete with planned 119th min subs.  Cabs for an outfield player if that works.

39 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

The Frank Le Bouef training technique was to take one penalty and one only at the end of each day's training.  He said any more just meant you didn't worry about whether they went in.

Hopefully TT has had the whole squad doing that for the past two weeks, and has his list ready, complete with planned 119th min subs.  Cabs for an outfield player if that works.

Willy surely has to come on at 119 minutes if we're drawing. 

Diddymen   
2 hours ago, johnboy said:

Good luck to all the contributors on here that are going to the game, I do so envy you. I always found myself less nervous at the game than watching it on tv. Have a super time.

100% agreed! Makes us proud people. Hope to hear you all on the TV (oh, and bring back that cup 🤗)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

So you are predicting a honours even after 120 minutes?

Edited by RobertoftheGiz