• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 0 CHELSEA 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2020/21

You know, a lot of top players try for years to win the Champions League. It took Thiago Silva until he was 36! We’ve got a lot of very young players, really at the beginning of their careers, who are now Champions League winners. Billy Gilmour is just 19! It’s ridiculous really. I think it will hold them in good stead in future. They’ve done it once, pressure is off, it’s not some elusive thing that’s going to haunt them if they don’t win it. Such a talented and young squad we’ve got. 

Leo91   
30 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Those seven minutes of injury time were the longest seven minutes of my life. 

How slowly did that volley from Mahrez go 😄Slow motion. I was just looking at Mendy, dreading the worst and was waiting for the net to ripple 

Edited by Leo91

Ruudboy   

So that’s resolved my annual “do I renew my ST” quandary - of course, silly fellow.

Those of you who were there and are now presumably queuing in airports/collapsed in bars/comatose elsewhere, I envy you. Those who played, I applaud you. Those who will continue the good work of supporting the Chelse next year, we’ll meet again. 

I promised my wife that I’ll remove the stupid smile from my face on Monday, but I didn’t say which month.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

What a great ref

Once I saw Antonio Mateu Lahoz coming out of the tunnel with the ball at the start of the game, my BP went down a few notches and he didn't disappoint. 

Congrats to the Champions of Europe. Lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

Wow… I’m so happy. What a performance. We thoroughly deserved that.

I couldn’t comment during the game as I was watching it with my parents. That in itself is a lovely thing because I was bought up a Chelsea fan by my dad, we don’t have a very good relationship and Chelsea is really the only thing that we can talk about and share. When we won it in 2012 I was in California and while that first one was amazing because of all the heartbreak and near-misses we’d endured to get there, to share this one with my dad was pretty cool. Second European Cup, and our fourth European trophy in the last 9 years.

It was so different to 2012 - we outplayed pretty much everyone we came up against to get to this final. We restricted probably the best club team in the world to 1 (ONE) shot on target, when they had 6 attacking midfielders on the pitch. Has any manager ever beaten Pep in three consecutive games?

Thank you, Roman. What a great owner.

Kante somehow went up another level tonight. Some of his tackles and the timing of everything he did was incredible. What a beautiful, humble man and footballer.

Reece James was incredible. Ben Chilwell (who I’ve said was ‘average’ on here recently) had his best performance in a Chelsea shirt for me. He managed Mahrez so, so well. He was aggressive and made good decisions throughout. He shut me up tonight.

Thiago Silva - so happy he gets to win this competition, and how good was Christensen when he came in? It was seamless. We are a nightmare to play against and I love that.

Thank you to Frank Lampard. I said on Twitter when he was still in the job that even if he gets sacked and/or wins nothing with us, he’s already altered the DNA of the club as a manger by playing the academy players and believing in them and giving them the opportunity. That, to me, is significant. There’s a clear and present pathway for the youth now, and we have to continue to believe in them.

Absolutely adore this club. Big love everyone. x

3 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

😝😝😝

Kante motm, totally outclassed city

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

Kante is 'not human' when playing at his top level.

Wow! Gonna be honest, cried like baby for the first one but this one is just as sweet. Watched it with Optus on my phone for the first time so missed the first ten minutes. A magnificent performance against a team in super form. They said we couldn’t do it against their A team, but the haters can go and do one.I’ve already had some Liverpool mates try to diminish the victory! Not about to nitpick about players,but when pulisic missed I thought that would come back to haunt us. Brilliant, just brilliant.