• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 0 CHELSEA 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2020/21

Blue Rod   

My head is still buzzing as I write. In 2012, I travelled to Barcelona only because many supporters with higher loyalty ratings (ST holders, higher LPs) expected us to be mauled and so did not take up their tickets, Interestingly, that chip by Ramires is where I start my reminiscence journey every time I think about 2012. It's where we came back to win that CL.

For some reason, I always thought we had a chance in Munich. I travelled with no match ticket but with quiet confidence. I am saying this because unlike Munich I felt quietly resigned to us not winning in Porto last night I felt more laid back than about Munich. 

That changed however, when I saw how quickly our players were reacting, not allowing City players to turn. I quickly realised that we could do it. From then I actually became more.nervous. 

The boys wore the shirt with pride last night. I will go back to Edouard Mendy as in my earlier post. The precision of his passing, combuned with that of Rudiger is one part of our game that has escaped attention. It is where our goal started last night. Pundits have been drooling over Edison's long kick. But it was Mendy pass that set us to victory last night

Respect to Marina, Roman, and the guys advising him. I was sceptical of TT. But that the Chelsea board saw his strengths goes to show why I must respect the experts in their roles even as I defend my right to express my "useless" opinion

Let's enjoy this especially as the pundits all wrote us off. 

Bison   

Unbelievable performance and well deserved win. Two time European champions! Sounds great. 😁

I've given some of these Chelsea players stick but they are all heroes now and have written their names in the history of the club forever.

Congrats to all. 💙

On a side note, I completely forgot what it felt like to watch a game refereed fairly. 

Bison   

A special mention to Mr N'Golo Kante. 

It's hard to explain just how good he is.

He is now up there with the likes of Drogba, Lampard etc as far as club legends go.

kratos   

So Raheem

The only thing that can stop City from winning is themselves?

Ngolo Kante: Hold my beer.

Holymoly   

Woke up this morning (no this isn't the start of an old blues standard), not so much with a feeling of joy but with one of relief. I had real concerns that losing this game would have had such a long term detrimental effect on the younger players after previously losing two FA Cup finals. I was afraid they would have become accustomed to losing. Instead we now have a squad full of winners. It is also great that we have been able to give something back to some of the older players that have come to the club and played such an integral part in its rebranding. Neither Giroud nor Thiago Silva were on the pitch at the end but there can be no underestimating their value to the club. Both will be forever included in the pantheon of great Chelsea FC players. It's a shame Tammy has slid out of contention and probably out of the club but the other young English players, Mount, James, Chilwell have become international starters during this period hopefully forever shutting up the critics that we can only buy our way to success. I would love to see Tomori return and add to that cohort, along with players like Gilmour, Ampadu, Guehi and Gallacher. TT and previously SFL have shown the value added to a club by the inclusion of young players brought up to be Blue from a young age.

Champions of Europe (again). Who'd have thunk it?

So we still have never gone successive seasons without a trophy under Roman.

Trophyless seasons 04, 08, 11, 14, 16, 20.

It seems trivial to try and highlight significant performances after last night, but I feel I have to just say how good Ben Chilwell was, kept Mahrez quiet all night and Reece James on the opposite side was an absolute beast! He’s just such a talent and if anybody had any doubts, last night proved that he absolutely is England’s no.1 right back.

Champions of Europe, again. Wow! Get in!

I wonder what match will win the vote in the CFCnet awards, match of the season....?

6 hours ago, sharve25_blueheart said:

Oh - and how good was the referee? Fair to both teams, reffed with a smile, wasn't dramatic, tried to let the game flow.  Elite level officiating.

When the 'handball" with Reece happened I loved what he did. He immediately went 'no way' and showed that he saw it hit the chest first then on to top of the arm, turn round and ran up field. 

This definite action helps var officials. In the prem the ref does fec all , var do their thing and give the pen. 

I'm not saying he got every single decision right because the game is fast and he is human, but it immediately felt fair . For me it highlighted how bent/bias our league, our refs and our var officials are. Nobody else will pick up on this btw. Only us. 

• Like 1

It was a great trip and well worth every penny and all the hassle! Just got back. 4am-9am straight - feel like I've earnt a rest. Until tomorrow when I take the kids camping! Still hasn't sunk in! We only seemed to get nervous as fans when we saw the board go up with 7mins! Our fans were great. City's were so quiet. Thought they'd have been really up for it but, maybe they just expected the win