• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 0 CHELSEA 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2020/21

4 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Not sure I can say anything about the game or the tactics that hasn't been said, but what a special day. I'm Chelsea because of my dad, but studying away from home and going to games consistently for the last 11 or so years have meant I've not watched a final with him since the Ray Parlour FA Cup final nigh-on 20 years ago. Watching with him, even just in my living room with a few tins ... Maybe not being there for this one wasn't too bad after all.

And lads, something I know it's not the done thing to share at this point and that I haven't told anyone in "real life" and won't be doing for a while but I feel just fits with the emotion of this thread ... My partner found out she's pregnant with our first child yesterday morning, after a few years of trying. When she showed me the test at 9am ... I just knew the result was going our way. And it's already agreed, their middle name is going to be Kai. 

What a day.

Oh man .

What a great event !

Congratulations !

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

In my head it is The Lover Frog, never knew why, never questioned it and even when I realised it wasn't right, I still read it as The Lover Frog.

French mistress, eh - I like that.  Much better than what the Urban Dictionary has.   He'd better not tell Kais' mum.

johnboy   

Next year’s draw shows us in pot 1 with pot 2 opponents from Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, PSG, Borussia Dortmund or Sevilla.

How mouth watering is that? No fears now though.

1 minute ago, johnboy said:

Next year’s draw shows us in pot 1 with pot 2 opponents from Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, PSG, Borussia Dortmund or Sevilla.

Would love to get Barcelona!

2 minutes ago, johnboy said:

Certainly a lot tougher than being in Pot 2 and drawing EL winners, Seville, as Pot 1 team and Rennes as 3rd seed.  
I've been looking forward to next season for some time now.

Rob B   

Wow what a performance, what a game.

After 72 pages I’m not sure I can say anything that hasn’t already been said but a few thoughts anyway:

• Every player stood up and won their personal battles yesterday, but my word, how good were Reece and Chilly at wing back?  Completely nullified Sterling and Mahrez.

• Special mentions to Christensen for coming in and not putting a foot wrong, key blocks by Azpi and Rudiger, Kante for being Kante, and Mount and Havertz for their part in the goal.

• Three wins from three against Man City under Tommy T now 

• As others have already said, the ref was superb. So commanding and what a refreshing change it makes 

• The boost that it should give some of this team - particularly the younger players who haven’t won anything as senior pro’s eg Mount, Havertz, James, Chilwell, will be massive. 

• Joe Cole is proper Chels. Loved seeing him going absolutely mental in the studio

• Looks like a new deal for TT is imminent according to Matt Law and a few others this morning. He met Roman again in Porto this morning apparently.  Fully deserved too. 

• Permanent banner at SB for Dave and the  Balon D’or for Kante will do lovely 

TWO TIMES EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS!!!

asvaberg   
24 minutes ago, johnboy said:

I believe we also sent 5th place Leicester to Champions League by winning it ourselves? 

4 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

I believe we also sent 5th place Leicester to Champions League by winning it ourselves? 

Nope. The only thing it's affected is the Russian Champions are in Pot 3 now and we are in Pot 1.