• Current Donation Goals

chara

Most Disappointing Chelsea player..another short shelf life forum

chara   

Drifting into "The close season" and the usual dreaming,guessing and crazy speculation I thought it would be interesting to read about players who disappointed members or who's time here disappointed for any reason.

For example..Crespo was a disappointment to me because I so much enloyed watching him and my disappointment was palpable when he left...on the other hand Morata was a disappointment for me as he did not do the business.....so a wide cause range of the emotion is acceptable....anyone?

7 hours ago, chara said:

For example..Crespo was a disappointment to me because I so much enloyed watching him and my disappointment was palpable when he left...on the other hand Morata was a disappointment for me as he did not do the business.....so a wide cause range of the emotion is acceptable....anyone?

I feel your pain , Crespo was a cut above for me , I lose count of the times that he was open on goal and studiously ignored by all and sundry .

Biggest disappointments for me were the injury's to Casiraghi and Essien , one cut down just as he'd started scoring for us and the other literally decimated by injury . 

I think Casiraghi is definitely up there for me, I was SO excited when we signed him, he felt like such an extravagant signing for us and then the horrific injury ruined everything.

Other notable players on my list would probably include Kezman, Mutu and Brian Laudrup.

• Like 1

paulw66   

Shaun Wright-Phillips.

When we got him, he ticked every box. Young, fast, hungry, on the up.......... we had two lefties in Duff and Robben, plus Joe Cole. I really thought he was the final piece in the jigsaw.

He was rubbish.

He WAS RUBBISH 

Robert Feck, Steve Livingstone, Steve Sherwood, Graham Wilkins not forgetting nearly every South American striker taken on loan over the past 10 years

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Shaun Wright-Phillips.

When we got him, he ticked every box. Young, fast, hungry, on the up.......... we had two lefties in Duff and Robben, plus Joe Cole. I really thought he was the final piece in the jigsaw.

He was rubbish.

He WAS RUBBISH 

what did you expect, he came from the family of Ian w*nk, w*nk, w*nk  "God bless Jonathan Pearce the legend of Capital Gold giving us that one" :0)

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

Chris Sutton - then goes on as a pundit telling players how they should have scored.

44 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Biggest disappointments for me were the injury's to Casiraghi

Its was a great shame about Casiraghi, however seeing Phil Babb having his wedding tackle rearranged by a goal post was the highlight of the match

5 minutes ago, keith9351 said:

Chris Sutton - then goes on as a pundit telling players how they should have scored.

header against ManUre being the highlight of his Chelsea Career 

Ruudboy   

In addition to the above (and particularly Sutton), I'd add the following. Josh McEachren being muscled off the ball - what a let down - loved that guy until then. Scott Parker never really delivered. Geremi, Hazard (T) and Bosingwa simply disappointed. Also, I'd add Bridge for his petty tiff with JT and Courtois for being a total a*se.