• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Really impressed by McEachran's game for the England U21s so far in the toulon tournament. He has never lost the ball yet and has always hassled down a player on the opposing team to get the ball back. However he looks lazy when England is on the ball and he isn't in possession. Not really moving into spaces to try and recieve the ball. Aside from that he looks very good.

Really impressed by McEachran's game for the England U21s so far in the toulon tournament. He has never lost the ball yet and has always hassled down a player on the opposing team to get the ball back. However he looks lazy when England is on the ball and he isn't in possession. Not really moving into spaces to try and recieve the ball. Aside from that he looks very good.

This is a part of his game I have also noticed. He sometimes seems happy to let the game pass him by when you would like him to be demanding the ball. Too often he will just sit deep and not get involved.

Just because I stumbled upon it - the wage bills of Championship teams.

for those that think our loan players get their wage costs more than covered.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/may/22/championship-club-accounts-profit-loss-and-the-wage-bill

(half way down, change the tab)

football2.jpg?w=353&h=362

Just because I stumbled upon it - the wage bills of Championship teams.

for those that think our loan players get their wage costs more than covered.

They would from be last season, unless I'm mistaken. If we wait until the winter and see if the comings/goings of our Championship loanees were represented in spikes/drops in the wage bill, it may give us a clue.

Edited by Chelsea'Til_IDie

They would from be last season, unless I'm mistaken. If we wait until the winter and see if the comings/goings of our Championship loanees were represented in spikes/drops in the wage bill, it may give us a clue.

Yes 2012/13

But the point is that no club could take on a loan player that became a significant part of their wage bill. That is no one could take on a £20k a week player - it would put the teenager on parity with the club captain and the star striker.

Yes 2012/13

But the point is that no club could take on a loan player that became a significant part of their wage bill. That is no one could take on a £20k a week player - it would put the teenager on parity with the club captain and the star striker.

Sure they could. Whether they do or not, is a different matter.

And it's not like they don't expect them to be their standout performers. Why take on a loanee, when there's a cheap, reliable free agent (for the same purpose) around?

Edited by Chelsea'Til_IDie

jones   

Lewis Baker with a brace to turn around 0-1 against Scotland u19 in the final 15 mins. 3 goals in 2 for him.

Great news but what to make of all the Varane stories? With an army of highly promising CBs already on the books vying for squad places behind JT, Gary & Brana what are the implications for the squad?

I'm all in favour of acquiring quality whenever it's available so, with Jose having spoken highly about Varane in the past, I suppose we must do that deal if it's there to be done. That would relegate Brana to 4th choice so what then for the younger CBs.?

Edited by Bridgejunky