• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Is Loftus Cheek injured?

Haven't seen him involved at all pre-season and no mention of him with regards to next season. Surprising, as to me, he's perhaps the one with the brightest future.

Sarin   

Also no mention of Baker. I wonder if he'll be kept around or we'll try to find a loan for him. I reckon the latter is probably the better option at the moment.

Jose did mention Baker.

Is Loftus Cheek injured?

Haven't seen him involved at all pre-season and no mention of him with regards to next season. Surprising, as to me, he's perhaps the one with the brightest future.

At first I thought Ruben might have been given some extra time off after representing young England during the summer but maybe that's not the explanation. He's bound to resurface at some point but I've got to say I'm not as bullish as you are about his prospects GB. The lad is very talented but, to my eyes, he plays like he wants to grow up to be Mikel Jon Obi, on a bad day!

I sincerely hope Adi is going to get stuck into him in the coming months and help Ruben progress as everyone hopes he will.

Edited by Bridgejunky

RLC has played for the U21s in pre-season. Presumably he's behind Cesc, Matic, Ramires, Romeu, Mikel, MvG, Aké, Chalobah, Baker and Swift in the pecking order so there was little point in him joining-up with the first team.

I'd guess he'll be U21 captain this season and will maybe head off on loan after Christmas.

Juni   

Ruben is injured but that doesn't detract from the fact he's been with the 21s all summer anyway.

Ruben is injured but that doesn't detract from the fact he's been with the 21s all summer anyway.

Thanks Juni.

According to the FC Red Bull Saltzburg website Ruben was an unused sub yesterday. Whether he was actually kitted and seated or just a name on a squad list which the site has included, I don't know.

Edited by Bridgejunky

Thanks chaps.

Maybe the club have concerns about his attitude too (he can appear a little too laid back and casual at times) and that they are trying to give him a small kick up the backside as it must hurt him to see his mates away on tour with the first team?

Nonsense really - we have only made money to date on players with over 50 top league appearances.

Lukaku, KdB, Courtois, Oscar, Hazard.

All of them known to every journalist and football scout.

And they have all been brought in as first team squad ready.

On the "kids" we have lost a fortune and continue to lose more fortunes.

Delac, Josh, Piazon, Kakuta, pretty much all of them. We haven't even made money on Bertrand yet.

Harvz   

Easy to dismiss it without having any figures to consider Droy. I'd rather be less cynical - although I'm sure that's reading as naive to you. Each to his own. I'd like to see the stats on profit vs. loss before I come to any negative conclusions - although I'm sure those stats would be skewed by the fact that we have so many on the books and ascertaining their eventual sale value is pretty much impossible.