• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

We have been through the njumbers loads of times.

But simply, which player have we made a profit of over £1m on who has been in the Academy?

Hardly any.

The players we have made money have either gone to the first team squad or straight to the better clubs in Europe. They have pretty much all come with a long track record of some 50+ games with a top division club and most are already internationals.

You don't need the whole set of numbers if you can't find exceptions to that.

Sciatika    146

Don't really know about the money - I am just enjoying having one of, if not, the best youth squad in the country.

Don't really know about the money - I am just enjoying having one of, if not, the best youth squad in the country.

I watch the first team, and can't say I have ever seen much of them or enjoyed their existence much either.

jangz    14

Haven't heard anything on Chalobah . Is he injured -did have a very good second half last season. He could solve our homegrown talent problem .. Maybe a year or two down the line..

Haven't heard anything on Chalobah . Is he injured -did have a very good second half last season. He could solve our homegrown talent problem .. Maybe a year or two down the line..

Went on pre-season tour with the senior squad, made a few appearances but according to Jose, is going out on loan this coming season.

jangz    14

Went on pre-season tour with the senior squad, made a few appearances but according to Jose, is going out on loan this coming season.

Ok .. Worried for him.. Read a quote with Jose talking up the abilities of our youngsters - mentioned Boga, bamford, Andreas, Izzy and awake.. Nothing on him.

Ok .. Worried for him.. Read a quote with Jose talking up the abilities of our youngsters - mentioned Boga, bamford, Andreas, Izzy and awake.. Nothing on him.

That is normal for Chelsea. The club gets too few players in. The manager drags a few in from the U21s and announces they are the future of Chelsea. Hacks write them up as such and some fans are happy. Manager and other fans then promptly ignores them for the season. I feel sure the ones JM mentioned would all like to be out on loan.

jangz    14

That is normal for Chelsea. The club gets too few players in. The manager drags a few in from the U21s and announces they are the future of Chelsea. Hacks write them up as such and some fans are happy. Manager and other fans then promptly ignores them for the season. I feel sure the ones JM mentioned would all like to be out on loan.

True that.. But Jose being Jose if you are good enough you get a chance- Varane/Mikel/Santon... I do

have high hopes from Boga though.. Has a lot to learn...A little one footed ..,eager to bring everything on the right ... A lot of players make it despite that..., importantly has a lot of pace and trickery , strength as we'll...

Desperate to see some of the lads make it though..

Edited by jangz

jones    54

Interesting quotes on Swift. Makes you think the club have found a good place for him to develop, not just the "best club" in the CH. Would think Rotherham have to do a lot of defending this season, probably a game he really needs improving.

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united-evans-nurtures-special-talent-1-6783721

“This is a boy with a gift that needs nurturing,” said Evans.

“I made a promise to Chelsea Football Club and Jose Mourinoho that we would take good care of him here.

“I told them I would watch his development as if he was my own son and they have trusted me to do that.”

Millers No 2 Paul Raynor said: “He’s come from a very big club, we knew what we were getting when we got him. He’s a good technical player but also needs to remember he has to defend as well.

“He’ll get better the more he learns. That’s why he’s here.

“He’ll improve the longer he goes on. He can play in a number of positions. He can play in midfield, he can play either flank, he can play as a striker.”

Edited by jones

chiswickblue    54

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/08/under-21s-host-city-in-campaign-kick-off-.html?WT.mc_id=social_20140815_29808006

First game for the U21s tonight. Interesting to see if fringe first-teamers Aké and Christensen will be involved.

Might also be a chance to see if pre-season AWOLs Blackman and Feruz are still involved - Blackman hasn't been seen anywhere and Feruz hasn't made it into the U21 photo (or been involved in any matches).