• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

On Juni's recent tweets, Chelsea are heavily represented in recent England squads:

U16 - Jarred Thompson, Cole P Da Silva, Dujon Sterling, Mason Mount and Martell Crossdale + Trevor Chalobah (withdrawn)

U17 - Jay Da Silva, Jacob Maddox, Charlie Wakefield

U18 - Jake Clarke-Salter, Dominic Solanke

U19 - Josh Aina, Charlie Colkett, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Izzy Brown, Alex Kiwomya

U20 - Fankaty Dabo, Lewis Baker, John Swift

U21 - Nathaniel Chalobah

Seniors - Gary Cahill

20 players isn't bad. Should be worth a Daily Mail article.

Trevor Chalobah = Nat's little brother?

On Juni's recent tweets, Chelsea are heavily represented in recent England squads:

U16 - Jarred Thompson, Cole P Da Silva, Dujon Sterling, Mason Mount and Martell Crossdale + Trevor Chalobah (withdrawn)

U17 - Jay Da Silva, Jacob Maddox, Charlie Wakefield

U18 - Jake Clarke-Salter, Dominic Solanke

U19 - Josh Aina, Charlie Colkett, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Izzy Brown, Alex Kiwomya

U20 - Fankaty Dabo, Lewis Baker, John Swift

U21 - Nathaniel Chalobah

Seniors - Gary Cahill

20 players isn't bad. Should be worth a Daily Mail article.

Hmm. Either the U16 squad is a lot bigger than the U21 squad or our players fall out of favour pretty quickly.

Hmm. Either the U16 squad is a lot bigger than the U21 squad or our players fall out of favour pretty quickly.

Apparently you have to play a bit of first-team football to get into the older squads.

Apparently you have to play a bit of first-team football to get into the older squads.

Indeed. And no doubt you need to have been in a youth cup final to get into the England U16 squad.

And anyone good enough to get into the England U16 squad via a lesser club will get an offer from Cobham.

I'm sure if I check the latest England squad announced I'll see that most of the best Egnlish players in England came from mid-ranking or lower ranking clubs where they got their first team chances early. I also reckon that most of the best foreign players did the same abroad.

Indeed. And no doubt you need to have been in a youth cup final to get into the England U16 squad.

And anyone good enough to get into the England U16 squad via a lesser club will get an offer from Cobham.

I'm sure if I check the latest England squad announced I'll see that most of the best Egnlish players in England came from mid-ranking or lower ranking clubs where they got their first team chances early. I also reckon that most of the best foreign players did the same abroad.

So the richer clubs should do away with academies and pick up first-team squad ready players from the smaller clubs - who will effectively become the academies? Are you Greg Dyke?

So the richer clubs should do away with academies and pick up first-team squad ready players from the smaller clubs - who will effectively become the academies? Are you Greg Dyke?

It is 1970s and 1980s football, true. When Scotland was a feeder league for us. But yes - not so long ago JT was on a YTS scheme, on a near minimum wage subsidised by the government.

The idea that promising young players should be on £5k a week or a lot more is not helpful to the young players or the clubs that pay those rates.

If I recall right, Greg Dyke was suggesting something else though.

And of course who was the team that first won the FA Cup with a completely non-English team (and spent decades at the top buying the title)

It was the 1986 FA Cup Final against Everton.

Bruce Grobbelaar

Mark Lawrenson

Jim Beglin

Steve Nicol

Ronnie Whelan

Alan Hansen

Kenny Dalglish

Craig Johnston

Ian Rush

Jan Mølby

Kevin MacDonald

Juni   

Not quite, given it's 14 and 15 year old boys who aren't eligible for the FAYC.

Juni   

The England representation amongst other similar clubs goes

Arsenal 12

Spurs 12

Liverpool 11

Man Utd 9

Man City 8

The England representation amongst other similar clubs goes

Arsenal 12

Spurs 12

Liverpool 11

Man Utd 9

Man City 8

I for one think the signs are there. Our academy is improving very quickly and these days foreign imports form a small part of our first year intake.