• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

I was very excited when we literally annihilated every team in the Youth League, last season getting 18 points in the group and beating Milan 4-0 on aggregate in the first KO round. Then we went out against Schalke...

Would love us to play La Masia at some stage.

Just looked it up. Our youth squad won the FA youth cup three times the last five years, was in four finals and won the U21 league last year (couldn't see any further than 2012 on Wikipedia). They also got 18 out of 18 in the last UEFA Youth league campaign during the group stages and beat Milan after that convincingly. I have no idea how they managed to lose against Schalke in the quarter finals, but in any case they seem to be very capable. If all that's left on the market is Drogba then, with all due respect, we might as well promote one of our youth players and let him play a few games.

Is it possible to play in the first squad and the youth squad at the same time? So that, as long as Costa is fit, we aren't wasting talented young players on the bench?

Edited by KingBlackFlag

paulw66   

I wonder why Sporting Lisbon keep putting their best young players in the first team not the U19s. And then selling them for tens of millions after a season or two.

Care to name any of these players? I am not sure what point you are making but the last prospect they sold for decent money was Nani back in 2007

Edit - Of the team that started against us, they had a 20 year old and a 21 year old......not sure how this impacted their U19 team that we beat 5-0. Then again, like I said, I am not sure what point you are making

Edited by paulw66

Care to name any of these players? I am not sure what point you are making but the last prospect they sold for decent money was Nani back in 2007

Edit - Of the team that started against us, they had a 20 year old and a 21 year old......not sure how this impacted their U19 team that we beat 5-0. Then again, like I said, I am not sure what point you are making

Any connecting argument doesn't make any sense anyway, roughly half of our U19s are several years below the age limit.

Those who are the cream of the crop train with the first team regularly and Christensen is even in the matchday squad sometimes.

Nothing to complain about here. We have one of the strongest squads in the UEFA YCL and it happens to be one of (if not the) youngest.

Chelsea Youth 12-2 Aston Villa Youth. Blimey.

I phoned up to find out what time the kick off was.....

Every six and a half minutes.