• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

chara   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't recall Ossie doing that many step-overs - asking for trouble in those days.  :)

Just an image recall,,,body language or such...that sort of lean .....mind you knowing Ossie one wonders who the "trouble' would finish up on!!!

Sciatika   

The Man United side were better than the result indicates, at least for the second half of the first half. But, by the time they got going they were already well behind. Their defence made a lot of stupid mistakes and they struggled to fashion many chances despite good midfield possession. The rest of the time they were pretty abject. The average age of both sides was 19 including the 26-year old Baba Rahman. The stars of the show were Anjorin, Livramento, Soonsup-Bell and Bate, imo. Menge had a shocker. Apparently he is in their first team squad so presumably it was an off day.

Every time I see Livramento I'm impressed. Looks a great prospect. 

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Every time I see Livramento I'm impressed. Looks a great prospect. 

Yes, I can see why Lamptey decided on Brighton - and pleased it has worked out well so far.

Bison   

Watching the reserve game which is being streamed live now on YouTube if anybody is interested (1-1 vs Man City).

Bate is an unbelievable passer of the ball. It looks like he can hit every type of pass from that deep-lying position. Also seems mobile and can drive with the ball if required.

8 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

What’s the hold up in his contract extension?

It isn't easy.  You can offer him 3 years.  How much do you offer a guy who only has minutes in the first team?  £10k, a week, £20k?  £40k?
Remember if you loan him into the championship you'll only get the first £10k of his wages covered, if that.

And for him, what should he accept, and what should he turn down to go elsewhere after a year in the U23s?  Like Solanke or Lamptey.

And who is advising him?

• Like 1

Bison   

Sad to hear Lewis Bate and Livramento are now training with the U16s as they haven't signed new deals.

Was actually hoping Livramento would have a good pre-season. I guess this is just one of those things we have to deal with - so many promising young players who are probably receiving offers from good Premier League clubs such as Lamptey.

It's odd , there's finally examples of players being brought in to the first team squad via the loan system and youth team and all the decent youth are playing silly buggers .