• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Juni   
I was chatting to some of my mates from the reserves/youth and they say Ricardo Fernandes has really injured his knee. He needs surgery and will be out of action for about a year. He says it will be 18 months before he is 100% again.

Also, I'm not sure if you know, but James Russell has been released by Chelsea and is now looking for a new club.

Wondered why I hadn't seen Ricky's name for a bit, that's not good.

Russell being released is no surprise, he's been/still at Walton and Hersham, shipped seven the other week. Shame reallly, he looked decent for the u18s. But then apparently we've signed a 15 year old German goalie for next season.

Juni   

Chelsea 1-1 Watford

Chelsea's generation change in the u18s continued today as the team put out by Ruud Kaiser featured 6 players who started the season at u16 level or not at the club. Jordan Hibbert and Adam Phillip started again, and there were first starts for Nikki Ahmed and Jordan Tabor. Jack Saville was on the bench.

Chelsea's formation didn't really become apparent in the first half, the midfield in particular seemed unsure how to best play together. It led to a bit of a scrappy period as they tried to assert themselves on the game against a strong and physical Watford. It was Chelsea who had the best first half chances as first Saarelma skimmed the crossbar and then Ahmed drove a low left footed effort just wide. Morten Nielsen's hold up play was top notch and Adam Phillip really linked well and showed strength and guile in taking people on.

Chelsea took the lead before half time through a penalty. Hibbert clipped a wonderful through ball wide to Nielsen, who was chasing the ball and was clipped by a Watford defender in stride. Nana Ofori, captaining the side for the first time, stepped up and drove an impressive spot kick high to Beasant's right for his first Chelsea goal. They couldn't build on it, they tried early in the second half, Nielsen put a free kick over and some set pieces were wasted. Watford came into the game more as their targetman Henderson caused problems and nippy substitute Forrester took control. It was he who got them back into the game as he cut inside from the right and hit a shot which was well saved by Hamann. However, as he shot, Tom Bird stumbled and pushed him in the back, a penalty was given. Watford's captain stepped up and scored low, sending Hamann the wrong way.

Watford had the better chances to win as a young Chelsea tired, the same captain rattled the crossbar in injury time but was offside. A draw about fair, lots of positives for Chelsea. Tabor was impressive on debut at left back, Bird looked good at centre half. Hibbert is growing into the team and Ahmed, despite a few flaws, can be happy with his outing. I can't split Magnay or Taiwo for man of the match, Magnay was a JT-like rock at the back and Taiwo must've put in a dozen rocking crunching tackles without losing one. A broken leg set him back but today he was absolutely outstanding and showed the promise he was signed for.

Team: Hamann, Ofori ©, Magnay, Bird, Tabor, Taiwo, Hibbert, Saarelma (Hurrell), Ahmed (Bridcutt), Phillip (Stoch), Nielsen

Goals: Ofori (1)

Booked: Hibbert, Bird

Juni   

As I alluded to, he's a 16 year old left back. Average sort of height, quite confident in that he talks a lot, and looked impressive to the touch and in tackles. Promising in a position the u18s can't settle on. Lots have played there this season.

Thanks for the great reports Juni. It's amazing how almost the entire youth side has changed from the one that started the season. It shows just how quickly the players are developing. Harry Worley played the first half for Doncaster today, while Scott Sinclair scored the goal in a 1-0 win for Plymouth. QPR moved out of the relegation zone too, thanks to a 3-1 away win. Mancienne played all 90 minutes, while Smith came on late in the game. Anthony Grant had a full 90 minutes for Wycombe, and also picked up his usual booking.

Always exiting with new talents in the youth team! How many of those that started/played the game are locals? Quite a few I guess, since it brought a number of new players to the side. Bridctt and Phillip yes, but who else?

fall_ark   

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...amp;ito=newsnow

Sinclair's wonder goal sinks Palace

Plymouth 1 Crystal Palace 0

On-loan Chelsea teenager Scott Sinclair raced from his own half to score a sensational winner and end Palace’s five-match unbeaten run.

Sinclair outpaced Carl Fletcher before cutting inside Danny Butterfield then fired the ball home in the 48th minute. Sinclair, who is 18 a week today, has now scored four goals for Plymouth.

So Sinclair scores again, anybody got a video?

^^^Sounds to me its almost similar to the one he scored in the FA Cup not long ago...

Have you tried youtube anyway?

:)