• Current Donation Goals

Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

DP89   

Was it Ryan Bertrand who ruptured his spleen or something? Any news on this injury?

Juni   

He was mentioned in the Man Utd programme, he's been in and out of two hospitals, will spend most of the summer rehabbing, might get a week off at most.

The star of the England team was Daniel Rose and we were intrested in him when we signed Woods and Tawio from Leeds and I have no idea what happen that we did not get him but if we can still get him before any clubs signs him we should because this kid is going to be a star.He is left footed and can play in the left wing or as a playmaker,he has good pace,He has a good shot and he is a very clever player in the postions he takes on the pitch.

Crystal Palace's Victor Moses wasn't bad either eh?

Youth team played in the Terborg Tournament this weekend just gone, came fourth after losing on penalties to both PSV and Atletico Mineiro.

Also, from another Chelsea site, Anthony Grant has apparently done well during his loan spell and might continue his footballing education on loan in the Championship next season.

Edited by chiswickblue

DP89   

> Youth team played in the Terborg Tournament this weekend just gone, came fourth after losing on penalties to both PSV and Atletico Mineiro.

I saw quite a few of the youth team on Saturday at the Cup final, so perhaps they didn't take a full strength side.

fall_ark   

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-37538s...dp-sports-local

Although this boy probably won't come to our club, the story provides an interesting read in my opinion.

Guideline: Kecoughtan's Karl Kummer opts not to spend the next two years in England training with Chelsea's developmental soccer club.

While attending a soccer camp last summer in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Kummer earned a spot on a list of players Chelsea coaches flagged for further evaluation. He eventually was invited to play with a group of American players from those camps in an overseas tournament in early April.

The teams trained together in England for five days before playing in a tournament in Italy.

"That was amazing," Kummer, 16, said. "Our coach made us into, in my opinion, probably the best team there because we'd only been together for five days and we beat a team 3-2 that had been together five years. We had a phenomenal coach.

"The competition over there was just crazy."

Afterward, Kummer was one of three Americans, plus a Brit, who were offered contracts to come back and train while attending school for two years. He actually would be training with Stevenage Borough, a feeder club for several teams in England, while living in a house with the three others and attending school 40 miles north of London.

Juni   

Trying to find out some stuff about the Terborg Tournament, so far discovered Harry Worley was voted Player of the Tournament.

In goal, I guy I have never seen before. That is not Rhys Taylor, Aldi Haxia, Nick Hamann, James Russell or Ryan Woods, and it's not Jan Sebek. Since it was the u19 side I'm struggling to think it was 16 year old Niclas Heimann, so I'm stumped.

Other pics on their site reveal Ofori, Worley, Stoch, Nielsen, Cummings, Magnay, Tejera, Bridcutt, Saville, Sawyer, Ferreira and Sahar were there, so it appears it was a strong squad who went there, minus Cork/Mancienne from u19 duty, and Sinclair/Bertrand/Fernandes injured. I imagine Taiwo and Woods and a few others were there but since I have no squad list and am just going on photos (poorish quality at that), I can't really tell.

Juni   

Having found a picture of Heimann it's not him (Heimann is however MASSIVE), so I'm lost. If I look hard enough it might be Aldi Haxia but it doesn't particularly look like him and the last time I saw him (~6 weeks ago) he had short hair, certainly short enough not to grow that long that quickly.

I'm officially lost.