• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Fryer

Rumours

Like everybody else on this site I don't want Roberto Carlos at Chelsea, not because he's not a good player, I know he is, he's proved it over the best part of a decade. But that's just the point, he's been playing for a decade and is approaching the end of his career. If it isn’t broke… it's for that very same reason I was delighted when Samuel signed for Real Madrid. Why replace a back line, which is young, has proven itself to be quality, and know each other’s games?

Having said all this, I’ll be very surprised if we sign him. The report said, that Valdona has REPORTEDLY said that Chelsea have got to fax back the offer of 20million. Nothing official from them, nothing from us, the man himself is saying he is almost certain he'll still be there next season. I will only worry when he appears on our touchline holding our shirt above his head.

The amount of times we get linked to players-managers has long since been crazy.

What does everyone make of today’s comments about Claudio having had pleasant talks with Kenyon surrounding new purchases and current players contracts? What is going on, if they are talking to him about such matters surely he's staying? Yet they refuse to announce anything. I can honestly say I've never known a more bizarre situation for a manager to be in.

Perhaps CR has accepted a job 'upstairs'. He obviously loves Chelsea FC as much as we love him so perhaps he has accepted another job (and a fat salary) rather than leave altogether.

He is worth his salary just as an ambassador for the club.

Incidentally, has anyone else noticed that during the last few weeks of the season, Red Nose was uncharacteristically mellow (even when he had two players sent off)? This sort of coincided with CR's reception at Old Trafford! I likened it to a leper being touched by Jesus.

I think football fans have to take media and newspaper reports with a pinch of salt. How many do they really get right? A year or so back Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Eidur Gudjohnsen were reported in one daily tabloid as moving to Spurs, how laughable is that?

The Scott Parker reference makes no sense. Rejecting a loan move to Wigan doesn't mean he isn't going anywhere. It means he isn't going to Wigan and so is available to be sold to another club. JT will never leave us.

mungo   

I know this is speculation. But I have it from quite a reliable source that Parker is going to Everton and Glen Johnson is going to Tottenham in the summer. Has anyone else heard anything about this and if true is it a good idea shipping out our two best English prospects for the future? Obviously can't mention the source but it is a good one.